Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. SavageBrewer

2019 to 2020 Changes?

Has there been any news on changes from, 2019 to 2020 models other than a few trim package changes? And when do we expect to see 2020 announcements from RAM?
  2. SavageBrewer

Here is a 2500 Mega Cab Limited with Price - Ouch $83k

True on the F250 announcement, that 7.3 gas motor could be interesting, but I have learned the hard way before. Never never ever buy a Ford with a brand new motor package, wait until its been out two years and let everyone else deal with the recalls and issues.
  3. SavageBrewer

Here is a 2500 Mega Cab Limited with Price - Ouch $83k

:sick: Then again that looks like the most expensive optioned 2500 so it tells us where the high end is at.
  4. SavageBrewer

2020 Chevy HD highest tow rating 35500 pounds

I wonder if the designer was trying to go retro-ish with it, I see a vague similarity to the 1st gen C10 in the early 1960s that had the turn markers way high and the lights down low. 1960's Chevy
  5. SavageBrewer

2020 Chevy HD highest tow rating 35500 pounds

Ugh, whoever designed that grill should be fired, its just ugly I cant put it any other way.
  6. SavageBrewer

From FCA Regarding The Release Of 2019 RAM HEAVY DUTY Pricing :

My god, 90K for a truck, my first home didnt cost that much.
  7. SavageBrewer

Outdoorsman Package.

But yeah if they made the front e-locker at least an option with the off road package I could live with the rear just being a standard limited slip differential. I understand why you wouldnt want a LSD in the front even with CAD (Center Axle Disconnect) but you would thing the E-Locker would be...
  8. SavageBrewer

Outdoorsman Package.

Oh that would be fun, a big honkin truck that only has like 700 pounds of payload, four moderately sized passengers and you are overweight. I kinda get it, but if you want flex and go crawling go buy a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
  9. SavageBrewer

Thoughts on when ram website will be updated?

Yeah it looks like the 8HP75 is the transmission, I think that at some point the new 8AP is slated to make its way over, maybe a couple years out.
  10. SavageBrewer

Outdoorsman Package.

OMG that sucks, how can you call it a 3/4 ton... Hell my old 2001 Ram 1500 could handle 1500 pounds, the new Ram 1500 approaches 1900 pounds... Yeah there is no way I will be buying a 3/4 ton truck that can only handle 1100 pounds payload, I need closer to 3,000 pounds payload.
  11. SavageBrewer

Outdoorsman Package.

I really dont understand why the E-Lockers are listed as a package option for the Tradesman, but not the other trim levels (other than the Power Wagon). I wonder if the E-Locker differential isnt up to the task of having 1000 ft pounds of torque thrown at it?
  12. SavageBrewer

Thoughts on when ram website will be updated?

So I notice they have a section on the ramtrucks.com website for the new HD, but there is minimal real info in there. Any thoughts when we might see more detailed specs or truck builder? Also I think I read somewhere that the 6.4 Hemi model will be mated with the new ZF 8AP transmission, but...