Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. JFV1134

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Well, so far so good. I have 24,500 miles on the clock and no issues as of yet. **knocks on wood**
  2. JFV1134

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

I apologize if this has already been answered, but this is only affecting the 2022 and 2023 HD trucks? Are 2021 trucks impacted by this issue as well?
  3. JFV1134

Cargo camera

I have the blurry camera issue when the outside temperature is either very hot (85+), or very cold, (0 or below). Anything in between it is very clear and crisp.
  4. JFV1134

Non Factory Puck System

Also worth noting: the OEM puck system is considered safer than the B&W turnover system. On the OEM puck system, there are three points of contact on different areas of the frame. The goose ball is on the center crossmember, and the two chain tie down points are on frame rails. Added security...
  5. JFV1134

Gas 2500 spongy brakes and other issues

I have noticed that the pedal in my 21 Cummins feels spongier than my 17 Cummins. It hasn't changed at all in 13,000 miles so I don't think there is a problem, just how it is I suppose.
  6. JFV1134

What made you pick THAT model when you ordered your truck?

2021 Laramie, Cummins HO, Mega Cab, Black, Night Edition. Chose this setup because I love how the LED light bars on the headlights look. The Limited Longhorn and Limited do not look as appealing in my opinion. The two light bars are just dead sexy on the Laramie.
  7. JFV1134

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

2021 3500 Laramie Mega Cab Night Edition, gooseneck prep, no ram boxes, 6.7 Cummins with Aisin tranny
  8. JFV1134

S/O Has Plenty Of Power

There would have been three times the demand if they didn’t detune the Cummins and sourced a strong clutch setup.
  9. JFV1134

What is the part number for the Instrument Panel Mounted Aux Switches package?

I have a friend that added AUX switches to his 2012 ram. That was before they had any dash software integration. The hardware wouldn't be hard to get or install. I would think you just wouldn't have the software control of functionality.
  10. JFV1134

Floor Mats for MegaCab

I used the factory slush mats for my 17 2500. I like that they are form fit and use the same hold-down mounts. I will be getting the factory slush mats for my 21 3500 as well.
  11. JFV1134

What is the part number for the Instrument Panel Mounted Aux Switches package?

I highly doubt there is a way to buy the OEM setup after you take delivery. The AUX switches are not just the extra hardware, its a software integration as well. You set button functionality (momentary or latching), and power source (battery or ignition) through a menu on the dash. If it's not...
  12. JFV1134

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

It seems like the throwing a bunch of silicone on the backside of the relay is not the fix. As a community, what would be the repair to make this secure? Would a protective lining behind the relay work better than silicone? At this rate, FCA will not be issuing another recall to repair a recall...
  13. JFV1134

Non Factory Puck System

I installed the OEM gooseneck prep kit in my old 2017 2500. It consisted of the gooseneck puck as well as the two rear 5th wheel pucks. It was simple to install and simple to drill. Honestly, I know several people with the BW turnover ball setup who have the ball seized inside the collar or they...
  14. JFV1134

S/O Has Plenty Of Power

I personally think the standard option was dropped because the PCM could not control how the transmission shifted. This, in turn, would adversely effect emissions. It is most definitely not a "too much input shaft torque" problem.
  15. JFV1134

Snapping from underneath?

It does seem to rarely bang into neutral if I stop and give it a second before shifting out of drive. I have also noticed that the tranny is adapting to my driving style and is shifting more smoothly. (Not that I mind the harder shifts, just something I noticed).
  16. JFV1134

I thought that maybe something was still stuck in 4x4 due to it being in 4 wheel high when I picked it up. I tested this by taking it in and out of 4 wheel high and low. I switched back to 2 high and it still occasionally snaps like the torque converter isn’t letting go or something. Short...
  17. JFV1134

Aisin Shuddering shifting from P to D

I have a few updates to this experience. I have noticed the shifting from Park to Drive within 5-10 seconds after starting the engine, no shudder is felt. If the engine runs for longer than that, there is almost always a shudder. If I am in Neutral and shift to Drive without touching the brakes...
  18. JFV1134

Aisin Shuddering shifting from P to D

Mine also does this. I notice that if I hold the brake firmly it will not shudder. If I do not use the brake and go from neutral to drive it will shudder as well.
  19. JFV1134

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

I successfully had my 2017 2500 replaced through arbitration. I was already past the Montana lemon law timeline. I had 10 documented repair attempts from two separate dealers. To anyone considering arbitration, make absolutely sure you have every shred of documentation available. That is what, I...
  20. JFV1134

Hey everyone, i've got a 2021 Ram 3500 with an Aisin. I have noticed something concerning about it, but not sure if it is normal operation or not. Here is what happens: When I am getting ready to park and at low speeds, Ill turn to angle myself for backing in to a spot. I let the pickup come to...