Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wildpeak AT4 tires- 2022 Ram 2500

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Looks great! Crazy how just a change to a nicer tire changes the whole look without having to go larger.

Been looking to go this route on mine as well, I use my 6.4 for towing a 5v’r so don’t really want to go with larger tires.

Brad460

Reaction score
Looks great! Crazy how just a change to a nicer tire changes the whole look without having to go larger.

Been looking to go this route on mine as well, I use my 6.4 for towing a 5v’r so don’t really want to go with larger tires.

I went back and forth for months trying to decide on a tire size- OEM Vs. bigger. In general I am not a fan of bigger tires, but also don’t like the look of OEM tires (look to small). The all terrains in the OEM size I think look just right..

I may be adding a Thuren 2” leveling kit yet, but we will see. I don’t want to hurt mileage.

Ill post an update on the ride quality, noise, traction after I get some on them..

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I went back and forth for months trying to decide on a tire size- OEM Vs. bigger. In general I am not a fan of bigger tires, but also don’t like the look of OEM tires (look to small). The all terrains in the OEM size I think look just right..

I may be adding a Thuren 2” leveling kit yet, but we will see. I don’t want to hurt mileage.

Ill post an update on the ride quality, noise, traction after I get some on them..

Tires look awesome. Should be great if they’re like the old falken at3

I wasn’t asked my opinion but it looks like 2” will be too much.

1” on my truck different angles

IMG_8782.jpegIMG_4470.jpeg

Jimbilly

Reaction score
Those look great! I’m shopping for tires, how is the road noise? Any significant change in MPG?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Those look great! I’m shopping for tires, how is the road noise? Any significant change in MPG?
I’ve got them on an JK and 3rd gen ram. No change in mpg, low noise, great ride and far cheaper and bfg or Toyo

Jimbilly

Reaction score
I’ve got them on an JK and 3rd gen ram. No change in mpg, low noise, great ride and far cheaper and bfg or Toyo
Thanks for the reply, I’m a little weary, just watched a review that these things are 67lbs per tire. I have the 6.4 gasser in my 2500. Still like them…why is buying tires such a tough choice?!

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I’m a little weary, just watched a review that these things are 67lbs per tire. I have the 6.4 gasser in my 2500. Still like them…why is buying tires such a tough choice?!

Maybe im stronger than I think but the Oem 2006 alum rim and the tire sure doesn’t feel 67lbs plus the rim, I think that number might be wrong

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Brad460

Reaction score

I only have a few days of driving time on them and haven’t been out of the hwy yet. Up to 65 mph they are very quiet- I am not noticing any road noise at all.
One immediate thing I noticed was that compared to the Transforce OEM tires they are a bit more “bouncy” , but along with that they do absorb bumps/road cracks, etc better. I need to play with the tire pressure to find the best setting (currently at 67-70 psi). I ran the stock tires at 60-63 psi.
Hoping to get out on the interstate this weekend and run the tires up to 75-80 mph. More feedback to come..

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Find the wild peak inflation tables and use that as a starting point for tire pressure. Yours seems way too high,which could account for the bouncyness.
Granted you are running 20 inch rims so it may be right as you do not have much of a sidewall. But I'd check it to make sure.
On my 35 inch tires on 17 inch rims, I'm running 32/28 PSI. Once they reach temp, it's near 37/32 PSI and full wear across the tread. This is when running empty, nothing in the bed.

'21 Power Wagon.

Jimbilly

Reaction score
I only have a few days of driving time on them and haven’t been out of the hwy yet. Up to 65 mph they are very quiet- I am not noticing any road noise at all.
One immediate thing I noticed was that compared to the Transforce OEM tires they are a bit more “bouncy” , but along with that they do absorb bumps/road cracks, etc better. I need to play with the tire pressure to find the best setting (currently at 67-70 psi). I ran the stock tires at 60-63 psi.
Hoping to get out on the interstate this weekend and run the tires up to 75-80 mph. More feedback to come..
Awesome, I’ll wait to hear some more feedback! I really appreciate it. Our trucks appear similar, I’ll be interested if the MPG changes quite a bit, and more importantly for me, the road noise.

MCV

Reaction score
Great looking setups. I've been very pleased with the Wildpeak tires. For comparison, here is a 2" lift front and back. I had the snowplow package from the factory, so started out much more level than most stock trucks. These tires are 285 75 R18 WildPeak AT3s on stock 18" rims. Rough Country wheel liners and Bushwacker flares. I recognize many on this forum warn of the downsides of lifting a tow vehicle. However, before my 2" lift, twice a running board was ripped off four-wheeling over obstacles on the White Rim when serving as a SAG wagon support truck. After the lift plus another inch of radius with larger tires, the next two trips had just enough clearance to climb this long truck over all those obstacles without any damage. After assisting numerous other SAG vehicles who punctured the sidewalls of their tires on this route, I did find a cheap set of used 295/70R18 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros on factory rims that I slap on before my frequent 100-mile White Rim expedition to protect those expensive WildPeaks.

Attachments

• After 2 inch lifts and 285 75 R18 tires .jpg
    After 2 inch lifts and 285 75 R18 tires .jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 28
  • bushwacker flares, Rough Country liners .jpg
    bushwacker flares, Rough Country liners .jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 28

Dave01

Reaction score
I have about 34,000 miles on my AT3W's, ending the 2nd winter with them. I was impressed how good they were in snow this winter, usually my 1st winter is great and the 2nd marginal, but these tires have been really good, have not degraded with wear. They are still quiet on the highway too. Extremely happy, would highly recommend them. You can see there's plenty of tread/sipes left as well.

240316 Ram 1.jpeg

240316 Ram 2.jpeg

Brad460

Reaction score
Got the truck out on the hwy this past weekend and ran it up to 80ish. I really dont notice any extra tire noise over the stock tires. If anything just the slightest bit more tire noise if I focused in on it.
MPG -wise I usually get between 14-15 mpg with my driving (rural mixed with some city). I checked my drive to and from work today and I was right there between 14-15. If I had to say it might be .2-.3 mpg less with the new tires.

Lastly I did air them down to 60 psi cold (which ended up at 63-64 hot). Seemed to help a bit with the bounce, might take them down a few more psi so I can be at 60 psi hot.

desertskier

Reaction score
Got the truck out on the hwy this past weekend and ran it up to 80ish. I really dont notice any extra tire noise over the stock tires. If anything just the slightest bit more tire noise if I focused in on it.
MPG -wise I usually get between 14-15 mpg with my driving (rural mixed with some city). I checked my drive to and from work today and I was right there between 14-15. If I had to say it might be .2-.3 mpg less with the new tires.

Lastly I did air them down to 60 psi cold (which ended up at 63-64 hot). Seemed to help a bit with the bounce, might take them down a few more psi so I can be at 60 psi hot.
I put about 1K miles on mine since new and like you said if you focus on it you can hear them. So just a little bit louder than the stock tires.

Users who are viewing this thread