Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order an AEV?

UglyViking

Reaction score
Thanks! I was re-reading the suspension discussion here and expedition portal. Should get interesting. i know what im walking into at least!
As long as you know what you're getting into, I think you'll be good. Every suspension has downsides. More comfort and flex means less stability and load carrying, etc.

I'd also check the AEV forums as there may be others who have explored this path and have ideas. Congrats again!

Enve46

Reaction score
As long as you know what you're getting into, I think you'll be good. Every suspension has downsides. More comfort and flex means less stability and load carrying, etc.

I'd also check the AEV forums as there may be others who have explored this path and have ideas. Congrats again!
Yea I’ve done a good bit of reading. Seems majority are happy with their set up just don’t love the limited options should I want to change something.

Enve46

Reaction score
Well sad update but walked on the deal. First, the dealer was and is great. But I was unwilling to put down cash to get a fair interest rate. I knew this could be a possibility but figured I’d give it a try with a 800 score and financials. I still almost moved forward with it but my gut says hoooolllllld on let’s be patient and see what 2025 offerings are and then make a decision if it’s worth waiting for and go from there.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Well sad update but walked on the deal. First, the dealer was and is great. But I was unwilling to put down cash to get a fair interest rate. I knew this could be a possibility but figured I’d give it a try with a 800 score and financials. I still almost moved forward with it but my gut says hoooolllllld on let’s be patient and see what 2025 offerings are and then make a decision if it’s worth waiting for and go from there.
If you're able to wait, then I'd strongly suggest doing so. The 2025 should release the new 8-spd ZF trans, along with an expected minor refresh. It gives you the option of either getting an updated truck (and most importantly an updated trans) or possibly getting a left over as others are waiting for the new hotness.

Sorry it didn't work out though, always a bummer when you're right there and can't make it happen.

Enve46

Reaction score
If you're able to wait, then I'd strongly suggest doing so. The 2025 should release the new 8-spd ZF trans, along with an expected minor refresh. It gives you the option of either getting an updated truck (and most importantly an updated trans) or possibly getting a left over as others are waiting for the new hotness.

Sorry it didn't work out though, always a bummer when you're right there and can't make it happen.
Yea it’s a bummer but when I feel like I’m forcing something I tend to stop and reassess. They were asking $67k for the thing which I believe is a steal but paying 10% interest just wasn’t happening for my pride and logic. These factors made me realize I’m rushing it and need to slow down.

Ultimately I think waiting will allow me more flexibility in doing exactly what I want whether that’s another PXL or not. Maybe these PXLs will continue to drop and I can get something newer, who knows.

Either way I actually feel good about it and just ordered a Thuren leveling kit for the PW to hold me over hahaha

schindlerslist

Reaction score
Tell us the whole story.

Almost two weeks ago I had a verbal to purchase a truck out of state, i was going to drive down to visit a friend and then trade in my existing ram 1500 to upgrade to a new 2024 limited Ram 2500 (not this one). Had ran over some numbers briefly but nothing was set in stone. The salesman who i was referred to told me to wait because it was the last day of February truck month rebates and new rebates were supposed to be released soon. I told him that i was comfortable with the existing price and was ready to lock in the rebate + dealer discount as is. (essentially would have been 20k under MSRP for a checkout price somewhere around $80k. He told me to wait because the new rebates were supposed to be better. I said okay, put down a deposit on the truck to hold it through the weekend.

He called me on Monday, basically told me that the deal has changed, the rebates weren't what were expected and essentially the new checkout price was going to be 88k on a 103k msrp truck. I told him while i thought it was a good deal, it wasnt the same deal promised last week nor was it good enough for me to want to drive 8 hours round trip to pick it up. He told me to hang tight while he tries to " find new incentives"

Now that i feel like the deal has changed, i start looking on the web at RAM dealers that are still out of town but closer to me and not 8 hours away. I stumble across a dealer in SOCAL that has a few of these AEVs on the lot and they are discounted ALOT. I'm talking 35-55k off the AEV MSRP. Probably because they've been sitting on their lot for a year. And in my case, this one was just under the Truck MSRP with out the AEV upgrades.

So after work i take a drive up there to check them out and decided this is what I wanted instead of the other truck i was originally going to buy. Hindsight 20/20 I'm super thankful the other deal didn't work out as this thing is a beast and I feel like i got a good enough deal.

2023 Ram 2500 Limited Night Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box
Cummins Turbo Diesel
AEV Features include:
AEV 8100 Series Shock Upgrade
AEV Katla 10 Rims
AEV 40" TOYO Tires
AEV Vertical Tire Mount + Spare Tire
AEV Front Diff Cover
AEV Rear Diff Cover
Come-Up 16.5 Winch
AEV LED Off-Road Lights
Rear Bumper LED Lights
AEV Snorkel with Air Ram
Mopar Power Side Steps
AEV Two Tone Exterior Paint
AEV Front Bumper Brush Gard
AEV Intercooler Skid Plate
AEV Rear Splash Guards
AEV Exhaust Tip Extension
Carrier Bearing Kit
AEV Branding Package (Seats)

AEV 3" DualSport RT Suspension Upgrade
AEV ProCal SNAP Module
AEV Hydraulic Assist Steering
AEV Windshield Banner

Also* Purchased directly from factory and brand new. Purchased extended warranty so everything is covered bumper to bumper including upgrades 7 year 100k miles.

Ram 2500 AEV Long Box 2.jpg

Ram 2500 AEV Long Box 3.jpg
Ram 2500 AEV Long Box 1.jpg

Ram 2500 AEV Long Box 4.jpg

Last edited:

Enve46

Reaction score
Almost two weeks ago I had a verbal to purchase a truck out of state, i was going to drive down to visit a friend and then trade in my existing ram 1500 to upgrade to a new 2024 limited Ram 2500 (not this one). Had ran over some numbers briefly but nothing was set in stone. The salesman who i was referred to told me to wait because it was the last day of February truck month rebates and new rebates were supposed to be released soon. I told him that i was comfortable with the existing price and was ready to lock in the rebate + dealer discount as is. (essentially would have been 20k under MSRP for a checkout price somewhere around $80k. He told me to wait because the new rebates were supposed to be better. I said okay, put down a deposit on the truck to hold it through the weekend.

He called me on Monday, basically told me that the deal has changed, the rebates weren't what were expected and essentially the new checkout price was going to be 88k on a 103k msrp truck. I told him while i thought it was a good deal, it wasnt the same deal promised last week nor was it good enough for me to want to drive 8 hours round trip to pick it up. He told me to hang tight while he tries to " find new incentives"

Now that i feel like the deal has changed, i start looking on the web at RAM dealers that are still out of town but closer to me and not 8 hours away. I stumble across a dealer in SOCAL that has a few of these AEVs on the lot and they are discounted ALOT. I'm talking 35-55k off the AEV MSRP. Probably because they've been sitting on their lot for a year. And in my case, this one was just under the Truck MSRP with out the AEV upgrades.

So after work i take a drive up there to check them out and decided this is what I wanted instead of the other truck i was originally going to buy. Hindsight 20/20 I'm super thankful the other deal didn't work out as this thing is a beast and I feel like i got a good enough deal.

2023 Ram 2500 Limited Night Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box
Cummins Turbo Diesel
AEV Features include:
AEV 8100 Series Shock Upgrade
AEV Katla 10 Rims
AEV 40" TOYO Tires
AEV Vertical Tire Mount + Spare Tire
AEV Front Diff Cover
AEV Rear Diff Cover
Come-Up 16.5 Winch
AEV LED Off-Road Lights
Rear Bumper LED Lights
AEV Snorkel with Air Ram
Mopar Power Side Steps
AEV Two Tone Exterior Paint
AEV Front Bumper Brush Gard
AEV Intercooler Skid Plate
AEV Rear Splash Guards
AEV Exhaust Tip Extension
Carrier Bearing Kit
AEV Branding Package (Seats)

AEV 3" DualSport RT Suspension Upgrade
AEV ProCal SNAP Module
AEV Hydraulic Assist Steering
AEV Windshield Banner

Also* Purchased directly from factory and brand new. Purchased extended warranty so everything is covered bumper to bumper including upgrades 7 year 100k miles.

View attachment 70596

View attachment 70597
View attachment 70595

View attachment 70598
Sick! Congrats man. Whats the dealer?

Enve46

Reaction score
Huntington Beach CDJR. The dealer said that they had to move the TRXs to the other side of the lot because next to the AEVs they looked like tacomas.
Yea I’ve had three TRXs and my lifted 2500 mega cab made it look small so I can imagine what an AEV PXL would do hahaha

Enve46

Reaction score
Well, in an unfortunate chain of events with my PW, I made the deal to get the AEV afterall. I ended up negotiating more for my trade, lower purchase price, less down and lower rate. Ill have it tomorrow and I can move forward with my dream. Sucks the PW developed its issues but everything happens for a reason

Users who are viewing this thread