Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Thinking about how that works is really hurting my brain.

You're not seeing the whole pic.

It's a tote/swivel wheel trailer, meant to be pulled behind a fifth wheel. By design, it's not technically considered a double tow, it's considered an extension of the trailer. For those that can't legally in their state or states travelled or won't double tow a regular single coupler trailer.

Some are more or less (that one) sophisticated than others. The more sophisticated ones have an articulating coupler that steers the trailer wheels.

He obviously uses that double couple draw bar on the truck to move it around.

MontanaSwivelwheel4_1_1000x.jpg

unclelala

Reaction score

It's a tote/swivel wheel trailer, meant to be pulled behind a fifth wheel. By design, it's not technically considered a double tow, it's considered an extension of the trailer. For those that can't legally in their state or states travelled or won't double tow a regular single coupler trailer.

Some are more or less (that one) sophisticated than others. The more sophisticated ones have an articulating coupler that steers the trailer wheels.

Thanks my head is much better now. :D

jsalbre

Reaction score

Every time I see one of those my mind instantly starts wondering how you deal with the tail swing. I guess it's fine if you never turn.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of my training barracks at Fort Gordon in '67. The room was half that wide. It had 8 of them...4 on each side....staggered.....knee to knee..

F you're old.

I did 2 AIT there 1980-81 and 1984.

Until I moved off base in 81, I was in "tugboat." Shared a building with the Squids.

Users who are viewing this thread