Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signal lights on running board LED strips

tomsr12962

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins. No snow plow package, aux switches, pick up box on. I have OPT7 rigid LED lights strips mounted to the pinch area below the cab doors. All the mounting is done, the light controller is mounted and powered. There are three wires, one for parking lights, one for left turn and one for right turn. The parking light wire is all taken care of. I don't want to wire-tap or scotch lock into existing factory wiring. I have researched all the upfitter schematics, VSIM, etc. The PDC (fuse box) under the hood has trailer RT/Stop and Trailer LT/Stop fuses that I can fuse tap into, but the OPT7 light will come on while braking since the trailer circuit includes "Stop".
Any idea of where I can pick up a right turn signal and a left turn signal to power the sequential LED OPT7 strip?

MtnRider

Reaction score
There is no "fuse" for those, they are powered from the BCM under your dash so you will have to wire tap into them somewhere.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
It’s the body control module. Basically one of the computers that takes care of lighting and other features on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnRider

Reaction score
I have 18 pages of upfitter schematics. What is a BCM?

Like mentioned, it's the body control module which controls many functions of the vehicle, to include the lights. Word of caution tapping into to any of those, I would use a diode in the circuit if you do so you don't have any back current and cause any "light out" CEL's. Also be careful how much additional draw you put on those circuits. While LED's don't draw much you might want to consider putting a relay in there and driving the lights off that just to make sure.

Gear box

Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Trailer plug has combination Right turn/ stop and left turn/ stop Same as PDC under hood
Yes all the lights could be ran by the trailer wiring with the Curt t harness no splicing of OEM wires

Users who are viewing this thread