Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

Razzman

Reaction score
razzman- that would be frustrating. The convenience seems awesome, but ugh, that doesn't seem convenient.
It isn't and after a year and a half fighting this the lights at the end of the tunnel. One theory is because the bed was not squared it put stress on the lids. Both sides warped, you could visually see a curve to them standing at the back. Since the bed was squared up the new side is straight as a board. Just waiting on the other side now.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I did see a thread in here that you can do a 5th wheel with a special hitch, we're still a pull unit, my thought is that when trailer is hooked up the ramboxes would be super useful, as well as everyday stuff.
Yea, you can get a sidewinder pinbox but it pretty much doubles the cost of doing a 5th wheel setup and has to be used with a traditional 5th wheel hitch. If I was to have a 5th wheel, I think I'd want the goose box and something like the Andersen ultimate hitch as to not have to deal with taking a heavy hitch in and out all the time. If I get to thinking 5er, I'll definitely look into it more. I was more pointing it out as it's really the only negative for me.

bucksummitt

Reaction score
I get it, it is something i thought about as well, appreciate input, expected more cost, but wasn't sure how much. I do hope this to be last truck purchase, so...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If they made a ram boxes on an 8 ft bed i would gladly buy one

Reaction score
I did not go for a Rambox. I store quite a bit in the bed so I put them in containers and such and strap them to the bed walls. Can remove them if I need to use the entire bed. I figured having the option of all the bed space was better than losing the space but having the extra storage and complexity of ramboxes. Though they seem awesome and I still wonder if I should have opted for it.

Razzman

Reaction score
I thought I would miss the regular bed space but as of yet have not, in fact it's nice not having those fender wells in the way. The only con I found was the truck is much higher than my 1500 was and with the Ramboxes I couldn't easily reach across them to retract a cover so I went with the Retrax PowerTrax MX this time. Push a button and go

jebruns

Reaction score
I do think it is telling that no other manufactures have developed their own version of the rambox in all these years, vs say the upgraded tailgates that all but Ford have now.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Interesting, but I don’t think it’s still an option on current models and all the articles are in 2016/17.

324nemt

Reaction score
Went back and forth but was leaning towards them. Talked to a guy in my town who had them. He loved them. Got them and the cargo management. Love it. Great for all the camping hook up stuff. No problems with alignment. 40,000 miles on my 2022 and working great.

Users who are viewing this thread