Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

roegs

Reaction score
....... I almost wonder if the mounts would be less noise during articulation if the sway bar was disconnected and the suspension could cycle easier.
Thats an interesting thought for sure. I've noticed that mine does not make the noise when the fuel tank is full, or when our 5th wheel (2800 lbs pin weight) is connected to the truck.

My solution now for the noise is to fill the fuel tank more often and take more RV trips. :)

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
That's pretty much where I'm at now. I don't plan to have the dealership tear back into the truck. There is definitely less noise when the weather is warmer. I almost wonder if the mounts would be less noise during articulation if the sway bar was disconnected and the suspension could cycle easier.
Hello,
We understand your concerns, but if you ever decide to book an appointment with the dealership, please send us a private message. We shall escalate a case to further investigate on it.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

rickhunter22

Reaction score
My whole fiasco started with replacing a body mount that was believed to be causing the noise I was experiencing. After all this I still have the noise. I've just decided to live with it.
When are you hearing to noise? All the time or when it's wet or raining.

roegs

Reaction score
I was hearing the noise anytime fuel was not full and it was dry outside. I would not hear it when it was raining or when our 5th wheel was attached. When the repair was done in December to the truck, they had to remove the bed. When they reinstalled the bed they forgot to attach the fuel / DEF filler assembly to the bed. When I initially opened to fuel door to fill up, I could see the filler assembly way down towards the frame. The interesting this is that since they rerouted and installed the fuel / DEF filler assembly, I've not heard the noise. :)

rickhunter22

Reaction score
Gotcha. I was asking because on my 22 I was hearing a weird random squeaking noise behind me. It kinda mimicked a body mount noise. But only did it when it was damp or rainy. I tracked it down to the weather strip piece that is connected to the front edge of the bed between the bed and cab. It had a spot that slightly touched the cab and would it would squeak when they flexed while driving. I just removed them and the noise is gone. Sorry for all your troubles. Hopefully you get yours figured out. Noises drive me crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread