Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What fuse to pull to disable my truck?

JimKIII

Reaction score
I'm headed out on a 3-week long road trip. With all the stories of how easy it is for thieves to rip these rigs off, I'm thinking that pulling some fuse that will disable the truck might be the best deterrent. I'll be over-nighting mainly at motels/hotels and hope to park where the most light is. I can't defend someone trying to haul off the catalytics, but maybe I can disable the ignition or something to that effect?

Any thoughts on that?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I'd be looking for a fuel pump fuse or relay in the box (haven't looked to see if it exists). Or since you have the Hemi the ignition coils are easy to reach and unplug - truck won't run without spark.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Lol most thiefs now are just hooking to it poping it in neutral and towing it away so just make sure you have good insurance and leave the truck alone.

If you are that paranoid you could also put a starter interrupting switch either a momentary one or a toggle switch out of sight

JimKIII

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not going to stress over it and will deal with whatever happens if anything. I never worried about this crap before, so I'll just try and keep that same frame of mind. It is insured. I'm on the 3rd day of travel and seeing some beautiful country. Went thru Montana today and down to Buffalo WY. Blue skies all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread