Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox Organization Pics/Ideas

Andersen24

Reaction score
Hello all! Well after finally getting my 2022 Power Wagon with RamBoxes, I was searching the forum and didn’t see a thread dedicated to how you organize the stuff you carry in your RamBoxes. I plan on keeping my drivers side box mostly empty; with tools, straps, gear etc. mainly carried in the passenger side box. So with that being said, feel free to post your pics, links to products, ideas, etc. Looking forward to getting ideas from those of you that have RamBoxes!

ClawSS

Reaction score
No pics at the moment, but I went with something like this when it was actually a 3 bag combo on sale. This is a link to the 2-bag combo. Make sure one of the bags is long enough to hold a long breaker bar for those stubborn lugnuts. I got a collapsible one for this purpose. One bag has the "load securing equip" in it (straps, bungees, etc), and the other has the essential truck maint stuff (sockets, wrenches, gloves, zip-ties, etc.). The third has the cleaners, towels and emergency kits. Each bag fits with enough room for a couple of tarps and a couple of moving blankets stuffed in the deeper ends.

I've only had the Rambox ability for a few months, but love the versatility.

Andersen24

Reaction score
No pics at the moment, but I went with something like this when it was actually a 3 bag combo on sale. This is a link to the 2-bag combo. Make sure one of the bags is long enough to hold a long breaker bar for those stubborn lugnuts. I got a collapsible one for this purpose. One bag has the "load securing equip" in it (straps, bungees, etc), and the other has the essential truck maint stuff (sockets, wrenches, gloves, zip-ties, etc.). The third has the cleaners, towels and emergency kits. Each bag fits with enough room for a couple of tarps and a couple of moving blankets stuffed in the deeper ends.

I've only had the Rambox ability for a few months, but love the versatility.
Is THIS the bag combo you were talking about? Also all of them fit good in there?

Andersen24

Reaction score
OK well, didn’t get too many ideas on how to organize or how set up my boxes on here or pretty much anywhere on the internet, so I tried a couple things out, and have a setup I am pretty happy with. My plan is to keep my drivers side open for daily use and then my passenger side be my tools. I am a fan of Tekton tools and have a complete set of them in my shop. For what I do, they have never let me down. They have built crawlers, prepped Utra 4’s for KOH and everything else in between. So I decided to go with some more of their tools to carry with me. I didn’t want 3/8” since thelse are road tools, so I went with 1/2”. Now to carry them, that was the next issue. I found a company called Step22gear.com. They sell some really cool stuff. I ordered one of their roll up tool bags to try it out and it was perfect for what I needed. So I ordered two more. So below is my set up. I have one bag for my metric sockets and wrenches, a second one for my SAE sockets and wrenches, and then a third one for my regular basic tools. I am still in the infancy of what brand (prolly ARB) and where I will mount my air compressor, so in the meantime, I have had this DeWalt portable compressor and this thing is AWESOME. Had it for about three years and it does everything I need, so it will hold me over. I did order the Ram cargo dividers, and it worked out that I can slide a 1/2” breaker bar in there. I wrap a rubber band around the bottom of the handle and it doesnt slide through. In the front bottom compartment I carry my RhinoUSA Tie-Down straps and a cargo net, and the back bottom compartment just small random tow stuff (locks and whatever). In the net I have my Tub-O-Towels (can’t live without them!) and some gloves. So anyways here are the pics of my set up, hopefully it will help give some other people ideas on how they may want to set theirs up.0DA271A9-7884-431A-B1BD-C76BC631F211.jpeg
How all the gear fits in the RamBox
8C1C5408-F553-4430-8715-3D328AC65EED.jpeg
Step22 Gear Bags and DeWalt compressor
8817E282-6FCB-49CF-885D-6788DA40EA7D.jpeg
1/2” breaker bar fits perfect, and with a rubber band on the back, it doesn’t slide around.
9DAA5465-93E0-4397-BC85-2BD07A9BE5E7.jpeg
Camo bags have the SAE and Metric sockets and wrenches
6B5C099C-530E-4211-B28E-94DBC55DF5D0.jpeg
All the sockets are 6-point and have both standard and deep.
BAB58081-107B-4A2A-ABDF-FC2EE094AE59.jpeg
With the wrench roll up bag open
754E0D63-6363-4EDB-ADA1-AC1EEAB088B7.jpeg
Got a basic black bag that carry’s the basic tools I’ll carry to do random stuff.
B16600B5-8F8C-4401-9998-83D2B2E84866.jpeg

Andersen24

Reaction score
Are those nets new for the 2022 version of the Rambox?
@dieselscout80 the nets came part of the RamBox Cargo Management accessory kit. That comes with the dividers for both sides and four cargo nets. The part number is 82212966 if you're interested in them. I do like having the dividers, it works good keeping everything seperate.

Users who are viewing this thread