Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by yarnellm

1. Y

Oil Consumption

That is not normal. My 2019 6.4 uses no oil between 6000 mile changes.
  2. Y

Preferred RV Dealers

I have a new Rockwood Super Lite ordered at RV Wholesalers in Ohio. Prices are skyrocketing but they guaranteed their price upon delivery, which I was told will be 5-7 months.
  3. Y

Keep manual mirror from opening at car wash

The car wash I go to occasionally flips my passenger side mirror out but it does not hurt anything. To each his own, but the automatic wash has kept my 2019 Tradesman looking like new and always clean for the $20.00 a month membership.
  4. Y

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

A well equipped Tradesman 6.4 HEMI is hard to beat on price and value.
  5. Y

Current 8.4 Version

As of 3/25/21 the latest software update for the 8.4 is 1848.34. I am taking mine in next week to be updated. Hoping it cures the intermittent Please Wait..........message.
  6. Y

rear bumper parking sensor with drop hitch

I have an Equalizer weight distribution hitch and it will trigger the park sensor even though the sensors are turned off...…..very distracting when aligning the ball over the tongue of the trailer with the rear camera...…...why does it beep even though the system is turned off?
  7. Y

Engine tick/knock on cold startup

My noise seems to only occur on cold starts at temps below 50 or so. Also strange that the noise starts about 5 seconds after startup, and lasts about 30 seconds. Almost like the oil is not flowing adequately to keep the lifters pumped up or something.....Engine is smooth and runs great...
  8. Y

Engine Groan and vibration

To confirm that it is the MDS causing the vibration, use the gear limiter and select '8'. this will lock out the MDS but allow shifts from 1st to 8th gear. I believe what you are feeling is the MDS engaging. Mine does the same thing.
  9. Y

Engine tick/knock on cold startup

2019 2500 6.4, 10,500 miles. I started noticing a ticking/ knocking sound on cold startup as soon as the weather got cold in the fall. The noise disappears after about 30 seconds. Oil and filter were changed at 2000 miles and 7400 miles with Pennzoil 0W-40. Anyone else have this noise on...
  10. Y

'19 + 6.4 Transmission question

The filter is built into the pan and the complete pan is replaced when servicing with new fluid. Be aware this is around a $350.00 part alone. I don't have info on the frequency of service but would think around 75,000 miles if towing frequently. The 8 speed takes a very specific fluid as...
  11. Y

Tow Mirror Part #'s

Good to hear, SLR! Thanks for the update! I may go ahead and invest in AlphaOBD. Enjoy your truck.
  12. Y

Tow Mirror Part #'s

No I am not at this point. I had my dealer add sales codes. I would be willing to purchase and use AlfaOBD going forward but is it necessary to get the mirror running lights operating?
  13. Y

Tow Mirror Part #'s

SLR, yes the 2019 and newer HD trucks' mirrors light up amber when the headlights are on as well as blink with the turn signals. If you installed OEM 2020 mirrors they should light with the headlights. I am trying to determine if I need another sales code added to make this functional. thanks!
  14. Y

300 mile thoughts

I have to say, that is one SWEET looking rig!!!
  15. Y

Tow Mirror Part #'s

SLR, after adding the sales codes for heat, turn and puddle lights, do your mirror running lights work? Or is that a separate sales code?