Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Wileykid

1. W

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I thought I saw that the initial number was around 240,000 when they announced the recall. Not sure if that includes Canada or not. This would also include the C&C.
  2. W

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Called my dealer, number #28 in line now. They think that would put me into February. No other dealer around me can do it sooner.
  3. W

They say on the website that they have the CARB approval done. At this point, if RAM is still doing the reimbursements, I may just do this. I would like the change prior to this summer, and it doesn't seem the '19's will even start prior to that. I am not worried that it will fail, just that if...
  4. W

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

I ran several sets on my last truck (Chevy 2500), and replaced them around the 45K mile mark. I currently have them on my 3500, but only have about 5K miles on them. About half the mileage is towing. They are really good tires, but they are a *bitch* to balance for some reason. I use the stock...
  5. W

Abs, traction control, trailer brake service messages

I had a similar situation. I had disconnected the large plug by the firewall to get to the filter. Forgot to reconnect, and the truck did what yours is doing. Reconnected, and everything was fine. I would double check the plugs, maybe disconnect and reconnect to make sure they are seated...
  6. W

Factory puck install and what hitch for Turning Point pinbox?

The reason the Gen-Y is not approved by Lippert, is they have a major investment and development with Reese. Gen-Y has said the approval process is overly expensive, and Lippert has expressed that they are not interested. A lot of people are using the Gen-Y, and any frame failures, Lippert would...
  7. W

Got the DEF see dealer message yesterday

Unless the DEF is stored outside, every store that carries it, is storing it in a climate controlled environment like the dealer, inside. He is just trying to get you to buy over priced DEF that is no different from the Walmart brand at half the cost. Been using the Walmart brand for seven years...
  8. W

Bigger fuel tank

I have the Titan tank on my short bed 3500. Fuel gauge shows full until you burn off enough fuel to get back to the 32 gallons, then it is pretty accurate. Easy math for the amount over the regular tank. Not sure why the manufacturers (all of them on the short beds) put that small of a tank on...
  9. W

Auto slide or sidewinder

I currently have a Sidewinder on my trailer, using a Reese M5 20K hitch, although next time, I probably would get the Companion hitch as they are better quality. It works great, don't have to worry when backing into my driveway, which is a sharp turn and uphill. I have the RAM puck setup on...
  10. W

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

Had around 32,000 miles at the time. Couldn't tell you what may have caused it. Last year, same thing, and the new OEM filter did the trick. When it happened, I went to a diesel repair place, who happened to have a buddy that worked at a dealership. He was saying the fix is replacing the EGR...
  11. W

Follow up on mine, P0401 code came up also, no dealers to look at it, ended up driving it home at 30-55 mph. Local dealer replaced the EGR valve, which fixed the issues. Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
  12. W

I had the P0299 code last year on a trip, I had just put in a Fram filter, same as I had run before. Overnighted a new MOPAR filter, and that fixed it. This year, with a MOPAR filter, P0299 code on a trip. This time, it was the EGR valve that went out. Enjoyable driving home at 50 mph, and 35 on...
  13. W

An idea for you is to check your EGR valve. My truck was throwing the low boost code, and the factory air filter change didn't help, couple of hundred miles down the road, the EGR valve failed.
  14. W

Well, once again, my truck has the P0299 code, and again I am about 700 miles from home, towing my 15K lb trailer (2K mile trip). Last time, it was resolved by replacing the air filter, which was a quality aftermarket one, to a MOPAR stock one. This time, I have the MOPAR one in it, and it is...
  15. W

Called my local dealer today. The response was that they haven't been notified of when they would get the parts, and that hundreds and hundreds of people have been calling him. I saw where that was going. Called a second dealer about 20 miles from me, and all he could say was they got the...