Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by wensearam

1. W

Largest 18" Tire on Stock Set Up

Thanks, looks perfect on yours....as I have the factory 4x4 off-road mudguards might still be a bit too much into the wheel-well for me OR I really have to commit to a future wheel upgrade to +18 or less. I do like the idea of the 285/75's then again saving another $60 per tire with the...
  2. W

Largest 18" Tire on Stock Set Up

Any pics from the front and rear just to see how the tires line up with sides....debating between these and the 295/70's....looks great from the side!!!
  3. W

Put 35x12.5R20 no level

Any pics of truck side and front/back with the 285/75R18's looking at same
  4. W

Put 35x12.5R20 no level

Can you share some pics of your truck side and front and back to see fill and how they line up...you are on stock wheels correct?
  5. W

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

on ice more thread is good so wider tire will help if its a snow rated rated tire, full muds forget about it!!!), however on snow its the reverse and actually muds work here as well...yep, always a total conundrum...hence why I run stock size snows (max size in Blizzak LT) in winter (now I wish...
  6. W

Taller tires not sticking out

debating 285/75R18's 0.4" wider than stock, but 1.6" taller than stock and 0.2" more than 35's as at least the Falken AT3W's measure 34.6 not 35!!
  7. W

295/70R18 vs 285/75R18 on stock

Debating between these two sizes in Falken AT3W on my 2019 2500 diesel, like to start out on stock 18's and maybe upgrade in the future to a +12..+18 wheel. The 295's are $336 vs the $285's $394 and both officially fit a 8" wheel. Kinda axed the 35/12.5R18 as they are $415 and while many say...
  8. W

Studded winter tires

I have had good luck with non-studded (Blizzak LT) snows here in the PNW (drive passes on a weekly basis) if I would have guaranteed snow/ice on the road studded be a consideration, however still most of the driving is done on bare pavement and really dislike studs on that.
  9. W

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

Nothing beats a snow tire in winter (snow and rain) running Bridgestone Blizzak LT in 275/70R18, sadly that is the largest size they make in a high load snow (2019 crew diesel). Have had 3 peaks AT's in the past on diff trucks and still go back to snows once we have consistent snow on the...
  10. W

Laramie Bench Layout

The occasional kid or someone going just for going up the ski hill (10 minute drive)...have had a kid there for 5 hour trip a couple of times....but yes the dog mostly or my arm ;). The function, safety and chair just seems way nicer in the 1500's.
  11. W

Laramie Bench Layout

Would not buy one without a bench, however don't understand why the HD's don't have the 1500 bench seats with a normal seatbelt and some sort of a headrest.....lap belt and no headrest seems pretty 80's!!
  12. W

mounting RAMmount ball base

Looked at the bulletpoint, however I use the tray a fair bit and it renders it pretty much useless after install. Bought a Moment magsafe wall mount on sale and was planning to see if we can do something with that. Had the WIX bar mounted below the WD selector, however it fell apart several...
  13. W

mounting RAMmount ball base

Does someone know how to get behind the 2/4WD selector module as I was hoping to mount a RAMmount ball base in the space below the "4x4" logo instead of relying on tape (always fails) want to get a fixed mount (bolted) installed? Thanks!
  14. W

extra storage with the bench seat?

Bench seat is nice to have, however when not in use (most of the time) it be nice to have some additional (removable) storage on top of the "hump"....anyone came up with some options?
  15. W

2019 Truck cap/topper/camper shell thread

Anyone rocking a white (or diff color) HD with a SmartCap EVOc (white).....seems fiberglass canopies has gone $$$ since the last time I bought one and kinda debating the SmartCap EVOc or maybe wait for the sport to become available for the 2019 regular bed.....anyways if someone has pics that be...