Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Wayne007

1. Wayne007

Best Place to Buy OEM Fuel Filters?

I bought mine at https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com/ . Good price and they're genuine Mopar filters.
  2. Wayne007

2023 with Cummins SO & Transmission Recall???

The mechanic at my dealership said the new dipstick not only has the lock but is shorter so it will be impossible to check your tranny fluid level. Not sure I like that. Anyone have any experience with this?
  3. Wayne007

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Mine is running great and I'm getting 20 to 22 MPG on the highway (not towing of coarse), 2020 2500 standard output.
  4. Wayne007

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Just a thought......my low boost pressure was caused by a bolt left out when they replaced the high pressure line during the Y78 recall . Apparently when they replace the line, the bracket has to be moved and a bolt put back into the original hole. The tech also didn't torque one of the intake...
  5. Wayne007

Fuel Filter Change

Thanks guys for all the responses. I'm gonna go by the gauges or odometer. It's expensive enough without adding in unnecessary changes. I've never went by the annual changes on any of my vehicles.
  6. Wayne007

Fuel Filter Change

I'd be doing an oil change and filter change every 5000 miles! What good is the gauge then?
  7. Wayne007

Fuel Filter Change

Well I'm coming up on 2 years. The dealer didn't say anything about time intervals.
  8. Wayne007

Fuel Filter Change

I have a 2020 2500 with the Cummins diesel (first diesel). I have about 10,700 miles on it and the fuel filter life gauge reads 29%. The dealer gave me a free oil change at 8500 miles but wouldn't throw in the fuel filters. They wanted $400 to change them so I'll do it myself. Bought both from...
  9. Wayne007

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I'm not sure what to look for so I couldn't get a picture. So I called the dealer and they said, when you do the recall, you have to replace the high pressure line and the bracket that holds it has to be moved. BUT the bolt that holds the bracket HAS to be put back in the original hole. I'm...
  10. Wayne007

I guess the left out bolt was due to a bracket that mounts in a different location so when he moved the bracket, he should have plugged the old hole.
  11. Wayne007

Well I got mine back today (1 week) and the problem with the "low boost pressure" code was a technician error with the initial pump install. The guy that did it wasn't their lead diesel mechanic and it was the dealerships first pump recall. Consequently he left a bolt out and forgot to tighten...
  12. Wayne007

Mine went back in again on Thursday and they're also looking at the EGR valve. They gave me a loaner so I'm guessing it's gonna be awhile. One of the salesmen offered me 3K over what I paid but then what do I get. All the brands have issues.
  13. Wayne007

It actually runs great. I'm guessing it's the same "low boost pressure" code
  14. Wayne007

Well evidently it's not solely a software problem as my check engine light came on again! I was getting on the freeway with the hammer down and about 2 seconds after I reached highway speed it came on. It goes back in again tomorrow. This is getting old. I went from a truck with an aneurism...
  15. Wayne007

That's what they thought on mine! When I took it in for replacement, they found out there's a TSB 18-22-102 REV. A, that was issued on 8/10/22. They downloaded that and so far it's running great. There's like 25 issues that the TSB fixes. The only thing I've noticed is it has a firmer...