Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Vdrsnk

1. V

Exhaust brake

Sorry for confusion, I was asking the op.
  2. V

Exhaust brake

Dumb question. But, are you putting it in tow/haul mode at the same time as turning on the exhaust brake?
  3. V

Lets see what you are towing!

It was a struggle with all this weight lol, but my truck was able to get our new lawn mower home today.
  4. V

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Appreciate it!
  5. V

Fresh tires, fresh Thuren alignment, oil, oil filter and fuel filter change. Then followed up with a just decent wash today after believe it or not but my truck got covered in WORM GUTS. We had a couple inches of rain and the worms were covering the road! If you have never washed off worms and...
  6. V

Firestone Transforce AT2

Definitely agree. But, why would a person buy a tire that performs better in a condition that exists in less than 10% of the time it’s used? If a persons truck spends 90% of its time on pavement, putting a Falken AT3w for example on that are heavier, worse fuel mileage and much louder wouldn’t...
  7. V

Firestone Transforce AT2

That’s no kidding, they are terrible on mud, but ok on snow. But there isn’t a chance you will find my truck touching mud haha. And we don’t get much snow.
  8. V

Firestone Transforce AT2

I just put a fresh set of the original Transforce AT’s on my truck. I wanted to run those new AT2 tires but they didn’t have my original 285/60r20 available in it. I hope you like them, I know I like mine, especially the white letters out since mine has all back wheels.
  9. V

Michelin Defender LTX Platinum

Found a Ram 4th gen 2500 running these new tires in a 295/65r20 (35”). I like his description of what most Michelins look like, “balloons” haha. But anyway I think they actually look pretty good (for a Michelin) for how quiet I bet they are...
  10. V

2 Years Later And Still Can't Make Up My Mind

I tried both as well. But, when I did the all black lugnuts I felt like my truck looked like it was running a set of those black donut wheels cars have .
  11. V

Ride quality comparison stock vs 37’s.

It’s not false information that I posted. I posted what happened in my scenario, which is what the op asked for. I also said, again imo that for the op’s scenario stock size makes more sense. I never said 100% it would cause an issue. But to think it won’t is naive, it’s beyond what the vehicle...
  12. V

The 37’s are going on a truck that was deigned in every way to run a 285/60r20. Anything otherwise will eventually cause an issue, whether it takes 50k miles or 100k miles.
  13. V

For purely ride quality, swapping to a bigger tire of any size is not worth it. The negatives out-way the positives. I went from 37x12.50r18 toyo RT with 4:10’s to 285/60r20 Michelin defender on stock wheels with 3:73 gears on my 2018 and the Michelins definitely road better. I will also add...
  14. V

Thanks! Man I am totally impressed with just how well that tank tucks up under there. You truly can’t notice it. Especially if you didn’t know it was there. Fuel gage and low fuel light sensor works like normal too?
  15. V

Can you post a pic of the whole truck from a side view?