Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by UGARude

1. UGARude

Reliability as daily driver?

Mine gets used in about the same way that you're talking about using one and I'm having emissions issues. It's throwing the "regen too frequently" code. I understand why it did it the first time but I've made adjustments since and it's still throwing the code. My commute is only about 12 miles...
  2. UGARude

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

I appreciate the reply. My truck only has 5xxx miles and still has the OEM air filter so unfortunately I don't think that's my culprit. Good info though and I'm glad it's helped for you!
  3. UGARude

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

I posted this earlier today on another related thread and it falls within this topic. I left it out of the previous post but my commute is 30 miles round trip doing roughly 80% interstate speeds (65-75mph). Any ideas?
  4. UGARude

Fuel additives? Hot Shot Secret

Just an update here. Had the regen issue a month ago. Bought the Hot Shot's Diesel Extreme and added it to a full tank. DEF fluid has remained above half a tank. Have not let the truck idle longer than a minute or two after starting up. My check engine light came on again yesterday with the same...
  5. UGARude

2023 Infotainment System

I've had my '23 since February with <knock on wood> no issues.
  6. UGARude

Fuel additives? Hot Shot Secret

Are you referring to the "Diesel Extreme" or the "Everyday Diesel Treatment" from Hot Shot's? I'm having the regen issue and am searching for a solution.
  7. UGARude

2022 regens at 130 miles on mixed city/HWY to work and back

I'm sure that's the main cause of my issue. It idles way more than I should probably let it. I appreciate the help!
  8. UGARude

Good info. I'll check out the Hot Shots stuff that you mentioned. I assume that if I quit using remote start and letting it run for 10-15 minutes frequently would help as well.
  9. UGARude

I agree. I remote start is pretty much every morning because it's still been upper 40's/lower 50's when I leave. And no, I can't say I watch the DPF screen at all but will start now.
  10. UGARude

The check engine light came on in my 2023 with 4,200 miles on it this morning so I scanned it and got the P2459 (DPF regen too frequent) code. I've been reading through all of this but I'll be honest, all of this percentage this/temperature that is way above my pay grade. My commute is short (14...
  11. UGARude

Your four-legged friends

My boy Bo...
  12. UGARude

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Yes, they are the stock 20's. It's stock height in the rear with just a 2.5" level up front. No spacers and did not do any trimming so it does rub a little at full lock in both directions. I've learned about where the rub point in the turning radius is so it's not much of a problem for me.
  13. UGARude

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Pretty sure that there would be more takers than you think.