Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Thewookie

1. Thewookie

OEM alternate chassis fuel filter

This is the one I took off my 22 3500 when I picked it up at the dealer and drove it home. I did open it up and the construction and parts looked just like a mopar filter. Can’t speak to the media itself. You note that the slip on filter tool will now work. I had to use a strap to get it off.
  2. Thewookie

OEM alternate chassis fuel filter

Is what it is I guess. They’re made in China. https://www.automotivedive.com/news/stellantis-launches-bproauto-private-label-auto-parts-brand-north-america/690403/
  3. Thewookie

Ram 2022 frequent regeneration, lemon law

What has the dealer said Or done to the truck? My experience with lemon laws is that it needs to be at the dealer multiple times or out of service for some period before eligible.
  4. Thewookie

Warranty work

No. But I recently got my Ram from out of state and I’ve had good dialog with Service Advisor Holly over at Chapman Ram. Give her a try.
  5. Thewookie

High ambient temp truck storage & DEF.

In a different forum I’m being told to leave it full or it might crystallize and cause issues. I will drive it occasionally, every couple weeks, just to keep things flowing but mostly it will sit under covered storage in the heat till late September.
  6. Thewookie

High ambient temp truck storage & DEF.

As a new owner, I’m thinking ahead to another long hot Las Vegas summer and truck storage as it relates to DEF in the tank. While some of you folks hibernate and store your trailers during winter, I do the opposite in summer as I have a perfectly good house with AC and in-ground pool rather...
  7. Thewookie

RAM Towing VIN Lookup Discontinued?

Yea I never found it after buying my own 22 a month ago.
  8. Thewookie

Cummins or hemi hd

I agree with elephantrider with a couple of caveats. 1. I thought about the ford7.3 a lot but the delaminating lifters/camshaft issues scared me away. 2. Study the issues with diesel emission coErrol systems and determine whether your driving distances and highway use is compatible to get the...
  9. Thewookie

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Yep. NLV. I still figure I got off lucky because I had previously plugged in the data on a new 2023 Laramie into the DMV registration estimator and it came up nearly $1400 the first year! Not to mention add the sales tax....
  10. Thewookie

Registered and sales tax. Holy sh*t!
  11. Thewookie

Crusty likes to field-day the truck often!
  12. Thewookie

Took a little inspiration from DMC1 and made a platform for the mutts today. Some support fittings for the front tomorrow. I put some left over pipe insulation on the front in case it slides a bit in transit so that it doesn’t damage the back of the console (hopefully). $50 in materials.
  13. Thewookie

Yes perhaps I’ll plasticdip them black like I did with my Tacoma. The challenge is the Cummins logo losing “Cummins” etc. I know I could buy some blacked out ones but the money is racing out the door for all the other stuff at the moment.
  14. Thewookie

Aisin CSN \ Recall

I’m new here with my new to me 3500 with a 5/22 build. I hope your trip went well, how’d you do?
  15. Thewookie

Out west, safer this way!