Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by thenumbertwo

1. T

Best deals Ram 3500 Hemis

The ultimate rig for a truck camper would have some type of service body or flatbed with storage boxes where a pickup's bed sides usually go. This mitigates one of the main cons of having a truck camper, which is lack of storage. Sherptek and some other companies make some really nice ones but...
  2. T

Yep, that mega cab is super nice and I've had it on my "saved" list since they first listed it. Even though it's a little over my budget, I've still been tempted by it because it would be perfect for the set up I have right now. But with the short bed, I'd be limited to what slide in camper I...
  3. T

I'm actually in the market for a hemi dually. I haul a medium-ish sized slide in truck camper with my 2500 hemi and it just lacks the payload capacity. Add the tongue weight for our boat and that's close to maxing out the rear tires. I think the hemi has plenty of power for my needs, and the...
  4. T

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Found out today my 1/18 order has been delivered to Mark Dodge!
  5. T

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Looks like I've joined the club! Earlier today Ram chat gave me an ETA to MD of 4/4-4/18.
  6. T

Talk Me Out Of Buying a 2500 vs 1500

Reason I went with 2500 hemi is payload. Even the power wagon, which has similar payload numbers to a 1500, is just more heavy duty. I saw a video recently where they maxed out a 1500 and power wagon with max payload and compared. 1500 was riding on the bump stops while the power wagon still had...
  7. T

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I get the same thing. My truck was built over a week ago and can't view payload or towing with the link. Looks like we both got a hemi. Tested some random VINS from the last couple weeks and only noticed the issue with a few tucks with hemis.
  8. T

I can confirm, got them on my 1/18 order. Not sure if my truck has left the factory quite yet, but the equipment list includes "Power-folding mirrors," despite me not ordering night edition or any of the various equipment groups. So yeah, seems it was standard equipment (at least in January).
  9. T

The manual recommends a short break in for gas engine. 300 miles, not 500. Diesel engine, not necessary. See here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/6-4-hemi-break-in.4989/post-79560
  10. T

Looks like both my equipment list and window sticker showed up this morning! 1/18 ordered plain vanilla Laramie 2500 Hemi with off road package, relieved that my equipment list does in fact include power-folding mirrors without any additional equipment groups, as I have seen some older orders...
  11. T

My dad ordered an F250 XLT with a 7.3 gas engine on 12/1, was built 2/3 and expected to be at the local dealership any day now. So that is about on par with some of the Ram orders we've seen. Probably will be faster than my own Ram order currently in D status last I checked.
  12. T

Nice! I am two lines above you in the sheet and also ordered a Hemi, Laramie with few options. Still D status as far as I know though.
  13. T

That sucks, I have a Laramie on order and after checking the Ram website, thought they came with power folding mirrors standard. Not going to hold my breath, but hopefully they come back by the time mine is built, as I didn't order A, B, C, D, or night edition on mine. Oh well, not a deal...
  14. T

Yep, I got a quote from Mark Dodge for a Laramie on friday. Decided to pull the trigger today and got a call that MSRP went up, so they sent me a new quote. Not real happy but I hadn't put a deposit down or anything though, so I didn't try to fight it. Not sure your brother can do anything other...