Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ThankfulLutheran

1. T

6 month review

I have 2023 2500 6.4 Ram Laramie MegaCab I picked up in August 2023. I don’t have any of the issues you’ve had with the air conditioner or defroster. I live in the Sacramento Valley where temperatures can reach 110 in the summer months. The air conditioner gets so cold my son asks me to turn...
  2. T

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I didn’t do this today, but back in August, the week I picked up my truck at the dealer. Had Ceramic Pro applied and had all windows tinted with Stratos. Even though there are 3 businesses in the town I live in that do tinting, I chose to have the work done 85 miles away in Roseville...
  3. T

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dealers will always try and sell you extras, no matter what state you’re in. I agree, you will probably get a good deal at dealerships like Mark Dodge, Koons, and Granger. The question is, is it worth the cost of the trip to fly out to wherever you’re buying your truck. You have the cost of...
  4. T

Price negotiated from MSRP

I second that your honor!!!
  5. T

Lemon Law?

I have the same problem whenever I get gas at Costco. However, no problem at all at Mobil and Chevron.
  6. T

My Order and Purchase from Tuttle-Click Ram in Irvine California

Sorry about your experience with Rob. There’s a lot of dealerships in Southern California. It must of taken you days, if not weeks to speak to every one. My experience was the opposite of yours. From the time I first made contact with him, he was polite, friendly, and a joy to engage with...
  7. T

My Order and Purchase from Tuttle-Click Ram in Irvine California

Hello Daemonic. I tried them all at the time (March 2023). Some dealers were asking over MSRP. On another Ram Forum I came across a post from Ron Trachtman, the Fleet Manager at Tuttle. He stated they were offering 4% under invoice. I called Tuttle, spoke with Ron and started the ordering...
  8. T

Dealer Service Department Recommendation

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations and input!
  9. T

I’m not sure if it’s too much or too little. I pay $135 for an oil change on my Lexus rx350 at the Lexus dealership. There’s an independent shop in town that specializes in Lexus and Toyota that charges me about the same amount. I used to take my Lexus to them but stopped because they were...
  10. T

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Placerville is about a 100 miles south of where I live. I have a nephew that lives in Placerville, so I could kill two birds with one stone and turn my trip for an oil change, with a visit with him. I’ll keep Thompsons in mind.
  11. T

I figured that much. I was just hoping to find a dealership with a good service department. My Ram dealership in town is terrible. Dishonest as can be! They also are the local dealership for Toyota. Thirty years ago we purchased a new Camry Wagon from them. When taking the car in for a...
  12. T

I purchased two Mopar oil changes with tire rotation last month for $160.00 for my 6.4. Could someone recommend a dealership in the Sacramento area north to Redding that is honest and does good work? I know many people don’t like taking their trucks to the dealership but I got such a good deal...
  13. T

Updates on 6.4 ticking/clicking

I have a 2023 6.4 2500 Laramie MegaCab. Absolutely no tick!
  14. T

Terrible A/C and Heater performance

I have a 2023 2500 6.4 Laramie MegaCab, I picked up at a dealership in Southern California the first week of August. I live in the middle of the Sacramento Valley where temperatures are above 100 degrees at least 45 days during the summer. The air conditioner worked flawlessly with...
  15. T

Extended warranty is it worth it?

May I ask who you purchased your extended warranty from? Is getting a full refund if you never have to use the warranty, something you negotiated or is it standard?