Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by svanarts

1. svanarts

5th wheel towing with Rambox

Gen-Y also makes an offset goose ball that hooks into your factory puck system to move the ball back aout 4 inches for short bed trucks. It looks pretty sturdy.
  2. svanarts

Smooooth riding

My 3500 has the factory rear air bags. Wondering if I can use sulastic shackles on my springs? Probably a stupid question but, hey, I'm stupid! Also, what brand shackles did you go with?
  3. svanarts

5th wheel towing with Rambox

I had a 1500 with Rambox. I really liked the storage but when I bought the 3500 I opted not to have the Rambox. I can always just install a toolbox with all the same storage space and still have room for the 5th wheel hitch of my choice. In my opinion, it's just not worth having the wow...
  4. svanarts

Towing guides

This is awesome information. I am leaning toward short bed because for the next 3 years this will be my daily driver. When we start travelling I want my wife to be able to drive it too, hence the short bed. Maybe you guys can be my sanity check. What I'm envisioning (may be a pipe dream)...
  5. svanarts

Towing guides

New guy here to the HDRam forum. I currently have a 1500 flex fuel Tradesman that's just barely managing to pull my light Lance travel trailer (about 6200 lbs gross). I'm looking at moving up to a 3500 with the idea that I'll be moving into a 5th wheel in the future. Thing is, I can't seem to...