Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by square_wombat_poop

1. S

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

@dmhines - How long did you have to wait for their financing department to get their stuff together after your truck arrived? I've been waiting for a week to hear from someone to move this along after I saw the tracker's estimated delivery date change to TBD. Sales team confirmed it did arrive...
  2. S

Price negotiated from MSRP

Inflation may account for some of it, but the lions share is Stellantis making record seeing income. Inflation for 2022 was 6.5%. The difference in MSRP you started is 17.8%. So, 63.4% of that 13k increase went straight into Stellantis' bank. You can read more on their record seeing quarter if...
  3. S

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Looks like they weren't available last year either. Jimmy07 recommended a lot from eBay on this thread: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/360-trailer-surround-camera-install.9055/post-175212 That's pretty disappointing if Mopar discounted the cameras for the system they are still...
  4. S

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I think he paid for the ability to hook up surround cameras, but can't actually buy the cameras to plug into the system on the truck.
  5. S

I agree with this 100 percent. I think the reason why we cannot track these 100k vehicles very accurately is ultimately because this is an industry that thrives on opaqueness. If buying a vehicle consisted of: 1. Evaluate product and cost, and 2. Order a vehicle based on #1 3. Wait for it to be...
  6. S

Hi Hopefully my sarcasm came through in the text and gif there. Hope your dealer lets you know your truck arrived today!
  7. S

Doesn't everyone know TBD is dual meaning? 1. To be determined 2. Delivered to dealer
  8. S

brv10 was kind enough to check on my order after seeing this comment and said I'm actually in JB, not KZ LD like my dealer told me earlier this morning. I can't help but think they told me KZ LD because I asked them to do something about the wrong running boards they ordered (found while...
  9. S

Dang, mine is sitting there waiting for a car to take it to the same place as yours, but it didn't get on the train. ☹️
  10. S

This looks like the main staging area for vehicles at the Saltillo plant: Google Maps says this is from 2023 imagery. So relatively recent. Looks to me (rough estimate) like there are 3000+ vehicles sitting out in the open that could have been damaged by hail. edit: link to Google Maps if...
  11. S

2023 2500 Limited Break-in MPH

If anyone is wondering what the manual states for Hemi: I don't really know what "moderately" means. The following sentences says "after the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50 or 55mph" are desirable. So what speed is "moderate" for those first 60 miles?
  12. S

2023 2500 Limited Break-in MPH

You can download the manual from here. You must have Cummins since 2023 Limited is not available with Hemi. From the manual:
  13. S

Dang, that really stinks! Bad enough it happened, but they've left it sit there without fixing it or doing anything for almost two months?!
  14. S

Almost like they put minimal effort into the software that tracks things and predicts a date based on statistics of previous orders and known queues ahead of where a given truck is on the process. Hmm. Or maybe it was an intern project.