Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by SpotonJ

1. S

Diesel exhaust regen set bumper on fire!

Updated: 4/22/2022 Total cost of repairs was $2300. Dealership payed $800 as a "gesture of goodwill". Truck is fixed and once I pay the credit card bill I'll be happy to have it done.
  2. S

Great data. Thank you
  3. S

. UPDATE: 4/18/2022 I paid for the repairs myself. As a gesture of goodwill the dealership reimbursed me for $800 out of the total cost of repairs of $2300. I put an aftermarket exhaust tip extensions on to keep the regen heat away from the truck.
  4. S

UPDATE: (3/28/22) Truck is in the body shop for repairs. The dealership (not affiliated with the body shop) has offered to review the invoice after I pay for the repairs and consider paying for it. I'll update with pictures after the repair.
  5. S

Roof lights won't turn off

If I disconnect the trailer plug (either unplug it further up at a harness or cut and cap the wires) until the new one arrives for the repair, will that take care of it?
  6. S

I'll check tomorrow and report.
  7. S

That plug and wiring was involved in the regen bumper melting. I'll check it tomorrow and report.
  8. S

24/7. They won't turn off at all. I currently have the grounds unhooked from both batteries to keep them turned off. They were on when I went out to the garage this morning. They must have been on all night.
  9. S

Roof running lights (all the amber ones) won't turn off even when the truck is off. All other lights are off. I usually keep the lights set on "auto", but the problem persists even in "off" position. I spoke with the dealership and on they're instructions I unplugged the grounds on both...
  10. S

NOTE: I want to thank everyone for posting on this. I appreciate all the input. I will post more pictures as soon as the weather lets me get my truck clean enough.
  11. S

Thank you for the facts. That scientific publication shows data that suggests temps near 800° at the outlet on a 5500 model. That's over 150° higher than Fiat says it gets internally.
  12. S

I definitely found reports of trailers getting trim melted while being towed from the regen process. I would never have guessed it would happen to the truck itself, but it was a unique driving circumstance with the sustained winds.
  13. S

It's the stock exhaust tip. I've never put a pyrometer on it during a regen so I used the numbers I was given. The numbers I quoted were from the FCA engineering consultant and the mechanic. My reading suggested it was closer to 600° at the tip.
  14. S

Mine were in my toolbox in the bed. Definitely the wrong place this time. I'll add one in the cab.