Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by spg993tt

1. spg993tt

In Cab Power FAQ -- AUX Switch power info -- Chassis power info

hoping someone might be able to give some advice on better accessing the light grey and dark grey connectors that are fixed to the PDC just rearward of the battery in the hood/engine compartment,. the connectors where we snap in the wires with metal blades. the two connectors on mine are angled...
  2. spg993tt

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

2022 Ram 2500 . just moved from a power wagon to handle some new towing needs. question...on my PW, i struggled to find solid 12v power that comes on with the truck /off with the truck for radar and dash cam. the 2500 im picking up has VSIM. 1. is tehre a current link for documentation on...
  3. spg993tt

Is this 5th wheel too much for my 3500 SRW?

my two cents..having owned some of these big 5th wheels, i would strongly recommend a DRW if not for towing capacity/pin weight/gcvr but just the control of the thing, stability, a wider platform in the rear to keep the 5th wheel from overly influencing the truck. i have a DRW and really...
  4. spg993tt

delete

1 hour. simple install. 'toughest' part is having a drill bit and mental fortittude<G> to drill a hole through your nice new truck bed and getting under neath and up into that section near the wheel well. . but then its a simple routing it down, zip tying it up, and connecting existing into...
  5. spg993tt

B&W RVK3400 - 20k Slider 5th wheel setup for BW Turnoverball hitch, suggestion on where to sell

you mean the storage boxes that are on each side of the truck? t his will fit beds that have ram box for sure. it simply requires the BW turnover ball hitch installed. its about a 300 to4 00 buck piece and takes 2 hours to install. then you have 30k gooseneck towing, and then this RVK 3400...
  6. spg993tt

B&W RVK3400 - 20k Slider 5th wheel setup for BW Turnoverball hitch, suggestion on where to sell

yeah, maybe should have gone that route but all those sliders are so heavy.
  7. spg993tt

Items to Inspect Upon Delivery

ran into this, wondering if that marketing or actual 'data and performance is all we care about" https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170510005497/en/
  8. spg993tt

Items to Inspect Upon Delivery

whats the best/right diesel supplement to add for these cumming motors? was reading this pdf, and some look way better than others. only thing ive ever know , so far, is the Kleen stuff. what does Cummings/ram recommend? and what do they recommend come cold weather? lastly, my truck didnt...
  9. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

yup, that was it.
  10. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

1 and 2 set to battery by default. maybe thats it. ill look at aux 2 tomorrow and try it again. that would be easy enough to test out. i remember a day when toyota and the tundra technologies outpaced ford, ram/dodge and chevy by 5 fold. some of this stuff , and the dash, the uconnect...
  11. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

here is the imnage. some bizarre behavior. when i went thru commercial settings just now, to get you the photo, aux1 looked like it could infact now allow a Last State change to on. earlier today both AUx1 and 2 were greyed out onthe Last State toggle. the rest were able to be edited, and aux 3...
  12. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

greyed out on mine. says "Unable to modify State - see manual" and the Last State is greyed out. no biggie but not sure the reason why. maybe because 1 and 2 are the bigger amp circuits, 40 i believe, and maybe they want the car coming on first and you then select it to let that bigger juice...
  13. spg993tt

long story short, we had a short bed 3500. we had the dealer put in the BW turnoverball hitch which we've used many times before on other trucks. works great. we bought the RVK 3400 BW 5th wheel 20k hitch with the nice slider for it. works great. the hauler who was bringing us the truck...
  14. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

weatherpak makes nice stuff. i only had those deutch connectors as i had a few left over from a dash install we did on one of our customer race cars a bit ago. anyway, for those who stumble into this thread, here's a smidge more info i learned today. got in the RJ11 radar detector hard ware...
  15. spg993tt

AUX pass-thru wiring.

got it just about done today. used the white Upfitter connector with the 6 wires. 3 are pass thru, 2 are PTO stuff, 1 is a wimpy ground. i used a 3 pin deutsch connector. we use them in my race car, they are pretty flawless, easy to crimp the pins and barrels and easy to assemble and...