Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Sowa

1. S

Dashboard Passenger Airbag Visible

Noticed last week I can see the creases in the dash where the passenger airbag sits. Wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Not very noticeable but it looks like the material that covers the airbag section relaxed and sunk in. Anyone have any luck using something to tighten that area...
  2. S

Oil Consumption

Truck has almost 70,000 miles. I don't believe I'm under warranty. I hope the dealer topped it off on the last change. I'm not sure what oil they use.
  3. S

Towing on 37s

You have excellent taste sir!
  4. S

Oil Consumption

How much oil consumption is normal? About 6k on this oil change and my dip stick is about dry.
  5. S

Towing on 37s

Yes this is a diesel truck
  6. S

Towing on 37s

I was finally able to do this. Found a CAT scale close to my place. Truck alone: Front: 5220lb Rear: 3340lb Gross: 8560lb No WDH: Front: 5020lb Rear: 4560lb Trailer: 8000lb Gross: 17580lb With WDH: Front: 5160lb Rear: 4320lb Trailer: 7820lb Gross: 17300lb The tanks were not filled the same...
  7. S

Towing on 37s

Hmm. I don't see an option for 2014+ from carli.
  8. S

Towing on 37s

Sure, meant 2019+ or will the older bags fit?
  9. S

Towing on 37s

Are they doing long travel air bags for the 5th generation yet? I think long travel bags with the backcountry kit is the sweet spot for a 2500. It towed fine without them. The equalizer hitch helps level the truck out. Without the timbrens or equalizer it will squat a lot.
  10. S

new member from Reno, NV

I picked up my truck from Dolan. They were able to get me the best price out of everyone I reached out too.
  11. S

Towing on 37s

Was able to take out the trailer with the new coupling and equalizer hitch this weekend. Sway is completely gone. Took it up to 85mph just to test everything out and it was solid. Going to try and pull the Timbren bump stops off the rig and see how she does next.
  12. S

Towing on 37s

I've purchased an equalizer WDH as well as a cruisemaster DO45 Plus coupling. Moving away from the polyblock setup gives me a bit more freedom when it comes to hitches. Measured everything up and use the equalizer Calc. Ended up with a 6" drop. Hopefully this gives me enough adjustment.
  13. S

Towing on 37s

It's noticeable. I can accelerate probably just as fast with 37s but I'm mindful of the drive train. I just take it easy.
  14. S

Towing on 37s

I really wanted something along the lines of a diesel power wagon with this build. Fully understood what a lower spring rate would do. I'm using the Timbren bump stops. I believe I primarily ride on those when towing. This really stiffens up the rear end. Planning on hitting the scales this...
  15. S

Towing on 37s

I'm using the Timbren system in this picture. https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collections/timbren/products/timbren-2014-2019-ram-2500-rear-suspension-enhancement-system Squats way too much with the carli dominator kit installed. This effectively locks out the rear end and I'm primarily on the...