Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by soaped22

1. S

FS - Warn Soft Shackles, Adventure Tool Company Bags, Current Gen. Light Frost Beige Lower Glove Box Assembly

ARB compressor is sold, I added a few other items for local pickup.
  2. S

FS - Warn Soft Shackles, Adventure Tool Company Bags, Current Gen. Light Frost Beige Lower Glove Box Assembly

I sold my truck recently and have some extra parts for sale. Would prefer a local sale (Southern California). 1) ARB Twin Air Compressor. Comes with a prepared harness for engine mounting and an NH Overland mount. There's probably ~30 minutes of total use time on it. $380 SOLD, thanks guys. 2)...
  3. S

6.4 oil change issue-question

The first time I changed the oil on a 6.4, I pulled the filter too fast and spilled a good amount of oil. The crossmember has built in drainage and is designed for it as long as it doesn't overflow. However, if it does overflow, you'll be cleaning oil seepage out of the seams for days. I've...
  4. S

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Was cleaning out the garage and I realized I had one of these huge Packouts I never unboxed from about a year ago. Now it's going to be home to this jack and some tools. Kind of a brutal lift onto the bed of the Power Wagon though.
  5. S

Gave 3D One and Speed products a try and fought for every inch of that shade. I've probably spent over 8 hours with 2500/3000 Unigrit getting rid of minor clear coat runs along the bottom of the two-tone paint around the truck already. Just happened to catch it under lights while doing a quick...
  6. S

I've had this same mount for about a year now and for the most part it's pretty great. If you haven't done so already, you can put thin/flat strips of felt or foam tape along the bottom of the mount that meets the surface. I had a rattle that drove me nuts until I did that. Edit - I see that...
  7. S

The deflector is a product by Ares (part number 56027). It’s a pliable funnel that comes in a few different sizes. It helped quite a bit but I still got it everywhere initially because I removed the filter way too fast.
  8. S

Did my first oil change at 5000 miles. Put a Fumoto valve on the oil pan since I had one sitting around meant for a Jeep that I no longer have. The filter was on so tight I'm glad I had one of these Motivx filter wrenches. Especially hate the location and the way it drains. The oil was pretty...
  9. S

I took the lower glove box out a while ago in order to replace it due to it cracking from storing equipment (and my wife). It was probably the wife though. Went to revisit this again and now I think I'm just going to leave it like this for the extra room. There isn't much room in the glove box...
  10. S

I've never heard of anyone stealing a dashcam for the sole purpose of stealing a dashcam. I've heard of people stealing GoPros that were mounted though. The dashcams are there to record while you drive. I started putting them in my vehicles after too many close calls. Its caught footage of other...
  11. S

The arms are from their Pro series (which have extra teeth for grip). The exact part is Medium + Elbow + Nano - https://www.67d.com/products/pro-series-arms-jointed-arm-packs The headrest clamp is this one -...
  12. S

I finished adding in a rear dashcam I had sitting around after upgrading my fronts. Not sure yet if I'm going to add a LiFePO4 battery but I did some prep work under the seat just in case. These are hooked up to switched power so I don't have them running when the truck is off. The arms and...
  13. S

Finally added a compressor today. It's quieter than I thought it would be. The dexterity required to install the screw that goes on the bottom of the NH Overland kit is no joke. It ended up being too long for me and I had to get a shorter one. Not sure if I want to add some auxiliary switches...
  14. S

Rinse Aid to Prevent Hard Water Spots

I use the Griot's system posted above regularly w/ water around 250-300 TDS. I only use it for soap and a final rinse, and it generally lasts me around 6 months per refill. It saves so much time as you don't have to worry about drying in the sun and getting hard water spots.