Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by smithb29

1. S

Easiest way to do winch mount?

Recently installed the Westin HDX brush guard with winch mount. Have not added the winch yet. I really like it. It was a pain in the a$$ to install but seems very stout.
  2. S

How do you guys haul bikes?

Adarack M series rack 2 Thule bike trays and a 2 bike carrier from amazon.
  3. S

Anyone use a ladder rack for a boat? Do they work with tonneau covers?

We use a adarac on our truck. We have a soft rollup that clamps to the bed rail. The base rails for the adarac bolt into the stake pockets. We currently only have the lower 12" uprights but the sell above cab versions as well.
  4. S

What's on your Aux Switches

Currently have "OEM" fog lights and reverse lights. Working on adding a connector in the rear so I can run "docking lights" on my camper for setting up at night. I have a 2020 Tradesman with out the factory aux switches so I am running a 6 gang switch panel. So far it works like a charm...
  5. S

Foglight hardwire

With the switch in the off position you should be ok . But since its ran to your battery directly you could drain the battery if you turn them on and forget them when the truck is off. I looked at the Baja design kit but decided to go with the more "factory" look. I purchased everything to add...
  6. S

Foglight hardwire

I doubt the Baja has a fuse tap in it. Looks like all that harness needs is a power supply and a switch.
  7. S

Foglight hardwire

The fuse tap is not included. I found one at autozone The small red wire can be ran to the battery or a aux power source. If you connect it to the battery the switch display is always on and can be used when the truck is off (could cause your battery to drain). I used a mirco2 fuse tap and...
  8. S

Foglight hardwire

I just installed one of these on my truck. The switch is ran off of a switched fuse so the lights can only work if the truck is on. I have ordered the parts to add "factory" fog lights to my truck and I will just add them to a button on the switch panel. It makes thing easy as all the wiring...
  9. S

Adding to dash switch

Not the factory switches but I installed this over the weekend to run backup lights and it makes things super easy. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QP5TQDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. S

What jack do you carry in your truck?

I have a 3-ton floor jack in my tool box, lol. Doesn't take up to much room and if I need it the extra minute or two of digging is going to be worth the effort.
  11. S

Add USB ports to rear console

I installed some this weekend. Installed in the door. Kids will get a lot of use out of them.
  12. S

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Added USB ports to my rear doors. Decided on the door to give kids better access and keep our dog from unplugging the cords.
  13. S

Cruise Control While Towing

I tow with a 2020 gasser. I use cruse control unless approaching a long steep grade. Personally I would rather maintain a loser RPM and slow down a bit than run at a much higher RPM just to maintain the speed limit.
  14. S

Truck bed divider

Not as customizable but I went with these and really like them. Access Truck Bed Pockets (sold in sets of two) (agricover.com) Access EZ-Retriever Cargo Reaching Tools (agricover.com) At 6'1" the Retriever comes in handy for our tall HD trucks.
  15. S

Key Fob “mod”?

Not a fob modification but maybe this will help. I have used a keybar for years. It is like a swiss army knife for you keys. It has a pocket clip so it rides vertically in my pocket and stays out of the way. It also keeps my fob in the same place and allows me to lock/unlock my truck without...