Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by slowindown

1. S

Swap out tow mirrors from a 2024 2500 onto my 2021 2500?

On my 22 I was able to manually adjust the convex sections of my manual folding tow mirrors so they work good for me. I had the truck awhile before I realized you could move them around because on my 08 they’re fixed.
  2. S

50 gallon OEM tank for the 2024 RAM 3500 Hemi now an option?

I ordered it when I built my 22 hemi 3500 srw crew 4x4. Great option.
  3. S

6.4L Hemi information needed.

I ordered a 22 3500 bighorn 4wd srw crew cab lwb 50gal and 4.10 gears to pull our camper (~9000-10000#) with our golf cart in the bed. Unloaded I get 16 or so on hwy, depending on speed - usually 16.2-16.5 at ~ 72-75mph. It drops off above 75mph, inclines effect it too. Secondary roads yield...
  4. S

Auto High Beams not working-Dealer says my truck doesn’t have it. 2024 Limited Longhorn

Me too. But I’m also trying to figure out how there’s possibly a truck built that looks like mine but is worth 50 grand more
  5. S

Bed step

I found the cheapest one on eBay that looked like the factory step (and the linked ones). Works fine. I can’t imagine the oem being any different unless there’s a hardware difference. I do think I recall reusing one of the factory bolts instead of one of the supplied ones. I’ve been using it...
  6. S

High milege opinions??

My 07 5.7 hemi 1500 now has about 250,000. I bought it new. It still runs fine and I was still pulling my camper with it until about a year ago when I got the new 3500 6.4. I still drive the old one some. I hope the new one lasts as well.
  7. S

OEM 18 inch firestone transforce and steering pull to the right

In any event, the info and link was good to have.
  8. S

Dunno. That’s what the guy at the shop said. He said it was different from my other dodge truck which is an 07.
  9. S

My 22 single rear wheel 3500also pulls to right. I took it to alignment shop. According to the shop, adjustment changes the ride height on the front corners. To make it go perfectly straight there was a 3/4-1” difference. So i compromised at 1/2”, which isn’t noticeable but still has a very...
  10. S

Uconnect 5.0 issues

The only problem I’ve really noticed with mine is every now and then I’ll lose my equalizer settings - probably once or twice per month. I’ve also lost my radio presets once, maybe twice, in the last year since purchased. I have an iPhone and haven’t noticed an issue with it but I don’t do much...
  11. S

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

I looked at my receipt from Jan or Feb for my first oil change. It was a bit over $89. I had my second the week before last and it was $97. Up about $7.50. Both of those figures included 7% tax and deducted 10% for a coupon from my ram app for my particular dealer, which is in sw ms. So check...
  12. S

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

I’ve had my 22 bighorn 3500 srw since just before Labor Day last year. I will likely turn over 10k miles this week. I had what I considered a break in oil change around 2k miles and the second oil change at about 8000. I plan to keep it on a 6k oil change schedule +/-1k. We’ve taken our camper...
  13. S

AutoPark needs to go away!

My 22 3500 4x4 long bed srw fits through the local drive through car wash.
  14. S

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

I’m in MS too. I’ve bought several vehicles at various dealers over the years in LA. All of them collected the tax. I’ve had two of those dealerships, both Chrysler product dealers, over collect the tax and then the tax accessor’s office refunded me the difference. With MD, they charged me right...
  15. S

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

This is my 22 big horn 4x4, cc, long bed, hemi, 4.10 axle. The website gives me the same payload number. Edit: Single rear wheels. 50 gallon tank.