Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Sims41

1. S

Rocket chip on 2022 Ram 2500 6.4

Thinking of adding a rocket chip to my 2022 6.4 liter Ram 2500. Is anyone out there using this chip or any other? My truck gets terrible mileage of course and I want to improve that. Please tell me if you use this chip and does it help. If using another chip, what kind and what are the...
  2. S

coil springs on 2022 2500

Thanks I hope they do.
  3. S

Camper is 8.5 ft. Weighs about 2500 lbs. gvw is 10,000. Having HD airbags installed. Been told the bags would help 70 to 80 percent. Can live with that. If not a 2022 will be for sale. You have similar experience? Too bad ram went to coils.
  4. S

Rcd my 2022 2500 recently. Loaded my 8.5 ft camper on the 8 ft bed. By the time I got up to 55 mph the camper was rocking uncontrollable. My old 2500 (leaf springs) didn't that camper was on. Had I known about the weakness of the coils I would be driving something else. Having air bags put on...
  5. S

delivery times

Got my truck today. Ordered Oct 5th. Made Dec 10th. Received in North Idaho Feb 9th. Nice looking truck. I'm Happy.
  6. S

delivery times

After contacting Chrysler I got an email. They said my truck will be at the dealer by Feb 7th. I ordered Oct 5. Was made Dec 10. Got Vin Jan 17. Waiting to get my truck.
  7. S

New 22 2500 ordered!

That's exactly why I bought new and sold my old one. Been hard to wait. Think the used market will hold awhile so you should be good. At the time I was afraid to wait. My new one I can sell for more than I paid and I don't have it yet.
  8. S

New 22 2500 ordered!

I have not traded since 2002. At that time I bought a 2500 slt diesel six speed.. I sold it in Sept. I paid $33,500 and in Sept sold it for $27,000. I had 131,000. It had been to almost every trailhead in Montana and Wy but was like new. I hope I like driving the automatic but I still miss...
  9. S

New 22 2500 ordered!

I ordered mine Oct 5th. Called dealer and was told my truck was made Dec 10th. Last Monday got a call from my dealer and was given my Vin #. I called Chrysler today 866 726 4636. Was told it was on the rails and that I would be getting an email in a couple days giving me more info. Good luck...
  10. S

New 22 2500 ordered!

Sure you will be happy . The hard part is waiting. In the old days you got them in 4-6 weeks.
  11. S

New to the HD forum

I called. Was told truck is in route. Will get an email later with more info. They did not have build date,ship date etc. Thanks Least gives me hope.
  12. S

New to the HD forum

Thanks for the reply. What number did you call for Chrysler? I would like to see what they say.
  13. S

New 22 2500 ordered!

My last 2 rams were from Dave Smith. I live about 50 miles from Kellogg. That's there home base. This time I got quotes from 2 other dealers in this area and beat the Dave Smith quote by almost $5,000.
  14. S

New to the HD forum

If you have a Vin # it's my understanding the truck is built. Seems delivery times vary a lot . Mine was built Dec 10th. Still waiting. Got a Vin # last Monday. Truck ordered on Oct 5th. How did you contact Chrysler? Delivery times for some are insane.