Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Sig

1. S

Truck bucking when stopping w bumper pull horse trailer

The trailer shop was watching the horses through the door and they were just standing there but they were getting bounced around. I wonder what happens if I switch to different horses.
  2. S

I would have sworn that you would have the same issue! I’ve tried two trailers on this truck w the same issue. I have a normal size tac room up front as well. So our trailers sound similar. Your truck sounds similar to the 3500 we tested at the dealership. I’m sure we will get to the...
  3. S

I will weigh her on Monday after I get back into town. Thank you for your suggestion on the shocks.
  4. S

Steel suspension. I was there when they tested the 3500 and I was watching from outside when it happened. It’s almost like when he stopped the truck, the bed shifted up and then sat back down which started the oscillations. I am not using a WDH. Throwing more weight on the tongue will be my...
  5. S

I hear ya man. I’m on a road trip and when I get back, I can get the weight and tongue weight. I’m also waiting for a call back from Sundowner. Thanks for your help.
  6. S

It did happen on the ram 3500. However, it had airbags, but not leaf springs. They were factory installed airbags.
  7. S

Could it be related to the coil suspension or how the brakes are adjusted? The GMC 2500 had leaf springs and it didn’t oscillate on that truck. Also, the trailer shop put the trailer on a different Ram 2500 w airbags and it was just about completely gone if he fully inflated his air bags.
  8. S

Thanks. I will check that next. However I don’t know how I would remedy that since the horses have a chest bar that prevents them from being loaded further forward.
  9. S

Do you mean for the truck or for the balance of the trailer? Do you mean I don’t have 10-15% on the tongue or is 700 lbs ish too light for this truck?
  10. S

I did as well and that is why I tried a different but similar trailer of a different brand. Both straight load 2-horse bumper pull trailers had the same result. One was a sundowner and the other was a featherlite.
  11. S

Thank you. I’ve tried with the trailer unplugged and also with a different but similar trailer made by a different brand. Featherlite and a sundowner. The trailer is about 7,000 lbs w 2 horses in it.
  12. S

Yes, perfectly level.
  13. S

No I haven’t. But you really can’t shift the horses more forward. It’s a top horse trailer brand and I don’t have this problem towing with any non-Ram trucks. Even GMC 2500.
  14. S

My ‘23 2500 bucks or oscillates up and down after I come to a complete stop with horses in the trailer. The truck settles back and starts an oscillation between the truck and the trailer that continues for almost 10 seconds as it dampens out. I have a Sundowner 2-horse straight load bumper pull...