Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by scrmblr2

1. scrmblr2

2023, 3500 drw tire rotation...

Rotated mine around 7000. Next time gotta pay attention to align the valve stems on the inner/outer wheels. By the time I realized I messed it up, I said fck it, my back was starting to talk to me. Haven’t noticed any imbalance issues since rotation. Still debating adding some centramatic...
  2. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

I have a side question, How do you store your inbed campers? I find myself keep going back to a pop up as I believe I will be able to purchase/fabricate a low trailer that will Al allow me to get it inside my standard height garage for storage when not in use. I think that may be the top...
  3. scrmblr2

Auxbeam and WeBoost Mounting Ideas

Well, it would appear I have a different Au beam setup (6 switch) unit. But here is how I did it. Waiting to clean up wiring until I finish the light installs.
  4. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

Ok, so the more I look at these campers, the more I get sticker shock. Anyone have good recommendations on used classifieds? I have seen rvtrader.com and have been reading through https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/ Any feedback on used vs new? For what I think I will be using the camper...
  5. scrmblr2

Magnetic oil drain plug??

After my first oil change….ordered one of these. It will be going in on next oil change. They are awesome if you are not in a hurry, and when I do my oil changes I like to let them drain as long as possible.
  6. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

I’ve been currently looking @ pop up units with no overhang, currently liking these grandby units: https://fourwheelcampers.com/model/grandby-model-pop-up-truck-camper-leader-full-size-trucks/ And these palomino units: https://palominorv.com/backpack-truck-camper/SS-1200/8791 Still in a little...
  7. scrmblr2

Looking For Bed Cover For My 3500 Long Horn Dually

Truxedo. I had one on my old ‘99 7.3 ford. Lasted a decade and then I upgraded truck. Put the lo-profile one on my ‘23. I like the roll up units as they give the covered bed and an open bed pretty easily. My current concern is if I get an inbed camper….will probably have to remove it when using...
  8. scrmblr2

Bigger tires on stock rims (3500 DRW)

That’s about the same conclusion I came to. Only thing I am looking into now is what I will replace factory tires with. Don’t do much off-roading with a dually but would mind a nice improvement in looks/slippery condition traction/and similar wear characteristics to stock highway ride/wear.
  9. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

What model ARE? Isn’t that a truck cap company? I don’t like caps. Which is funny when I start thinking about how this will be a large “cap”. I also start seeing a couple other issues: Currently have a soft rolling tonneau cover - probably will have to be removed when using an in bed camper I...
  10. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

I like hearing about things you leaned or would do differently. I have also been wondering if I would “need or want” a bathroom. At this point, I am leaning towards something simple and light weight. Any downsides to a pop up? Part of me likes the simplicity of a hard side, but at what cost?
  11. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

Appreciate the resource. Will be looking at that a lot!
  12. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

Appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of a unit that fit in the bed with the tailgate still in place. Thoughts on a fixed side unit vs a pop up top? What are opinions on bathroom? Not sure I NEED one as right now, I would see myself using it at racetracks. But I guess if it is an option...
  13. scrmblr2

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

Considered beads….until I thought about tpms. Then I was like centric balancers. Dinka like the idea a could hear those at slow speeds. Right now I have 7000+ on factory wheels and tires. Rotated them a few hundred miles ago….no real noticeable change. Will wait to see how anything changes after...
  14. scrmblr2

In-bed campers

So I am considering an in bed camper for my 8’ bed. I have a dually and tow a 28’ enclosed trailer. Show me what cha got. Images are worth a thousand points. Tell me the good. Tell me the bad. Tell me what you would do differently/ stuff you didn’t expect. Tell me what you would do the...
  15. scrmblr2

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

Did my first oil change last week. 7200 miles and under a year. I used rotella t6 10w30 and a mopar filter from genos garage. Went pretty well.