Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by sawpdx

1. sawpdx

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I pulled the trigger and bought the Lippert goose box 94920. Picked it up this morning. Thanks for all the comments on my old setup I never knew there were problems with that setup.
  2. sawpdx

The one I use has 4 outside bolts that go thru the face plate of the pin box. There is also a center bolt, I’m guessing it’s 1 and 1/4 dia bolt, that gets torqued down against the bottom of the king pin. My 5th wheel is a 1/2 ton towable, I only use it maybe 3 times a year and never travel out...
  3. sawpdx

I use a goose neck setup simular to this one on my truck so no clearance issues, besides I have to leave the cover open when pulling the 5th wheel.
  4. sawpdx

I had to make a small modification to the top forward mounting bolt, basically added a 1/2" long aluminum tube with a slight angle on one end that bolted to the side wall of the bed. There just happend to be a large radius on the inner sidewall from the factory right where that bolt needed to...
  5. sawpdx

I pull a 30’ 5th wheel, I went with a Leer power rollup bed cover and a SwingCase storage bin on the passenger side of the bed. I keep my 5th wheel hitch and chains in the swing case.
  6. sawpdx

Throttle lag

I temporarily put the truck in tow haul mode and that gets ride of the throttle lag.
  7. sawpdx

Take a look at McGard Security Products. https://mcgard.com/
  8. sawpdx

not yet.

not yet.
  9. sawpdx

I got the Grid Heater Relay recall notice back in February of this year. Since then i've gotten...

I got the Grid Heater Relay recall notice back in February of this year. Since then i've gotten a second notice. My dealer says I'm on the waiting list for parts. It's now almost the end of July and I'm still waiting. How much longer do I have to waIt and worry if my truck is going to catch fire...
  10. sawpdx

Spent the last two days looking for my spare key fob for my truck. Finally found the darn thing in one of my bath robe pockets. Don't ask, I have no idea how it got there just glad I found it;)
  11. sawpdx

You could purchase this part from RVS and just use the ball and clamp with the Bulletpoint mount and your monitor. https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/monitor-mount.html. That’s basically what I did.
  12. sawpdx

I got that from a extendable windshield mount from rearviewsafety.com. Here’s a link to a part that might work for you. https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/monitor-mount-back-up-car-monitor-3.html
  13. sawpdx

Installed this from Bullet Point mounting solutions. Easy install and works great.
  14. sawpdx

I bought new license plate covers and used self drilling screws to mount them on the bumpers. Carefully drilled thru the plastic.
  15. sawpdx

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

The recall shows up in the RAM app for my truck with a note that parts are not available for the fix.