Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Sarge33Army

1. S

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

Found this at the Bridgestone site when searching for "bridgestone transforce recall" Bridgestone Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Firestone Transforce Tires Bridgestone is recalling 10,380 Firestone Transforce HT and Firestone Transforce AT tires in size LT275/70R18. Affected tires were...
  2. S

Building my RAM 2500. Help

You can build your truck at the RAM truck page. Select the info icon on options that may be new to you. Just remember that just about every selection will reduce your payload. At the bottom of the build sheet is a button to ADD to COMPARE and then OPEN Comparison. Do this, then open the...
  3. S

Fuel mileage

You probably don't have a problem. Traffic conditions, elevation change, temp, temp. wind, and speed all factor into MPG. I just did a highway MPG test yesterday on a trip tp Tucson. It's about a 2,000 foot elevation difference from my house to Tucson over a 75-mile highway trip. Going...
  4. S

2021 2500 BH 6.4/3.73: she's home

Congrats! Most 2500 owners aren't concerned with MPG. However, a few of us are interested. Our trucks will never obtain high MPG as they were built for power and work. Around town, I get 13.5 to 15mpg. My highway is 17-19.2mpg. Towing is 8.5-10.5mpg depending upon terrain, wind, and speed.
  5. S

Trailer Hitch Recommendations

You may want to check out the Equalizer hitch which has a great reputation. It comes in 10K, 12K, and 14K ratings. I've had my 10K Equalizer since early 2013. Upgraded the shank to 2.5" with 9" drop when I got the RAM 2500. As I get older, my only issue is lifting it with that 2.5" shank...
  6. S

Help With Towing Tire Selection

Michelin Defender LTX is hard to beat. Had them (E-rated) on two previous Tundra trucks. Excellent tire! We have the Michelin Agilis tire on our SUV. It's very quiet and handles well. However, this SUV tire is totally different than the Agilis E-rated tire for a truck. Not enough...
  7. S

2022 tundra

I owned three Tundras (2001, 2008, 2018) and really appreciated Toyota engineering and reliability. However, this 2022 model is not for me. Looks like GM and has a Fordish twin-turbo v-6. It may end up working like a champ, but IMHO looks like a chump.
  8. S

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

$3,500 for 36-months is FAR too expensive! You can do better checking with a couple of the on-line factory warranty sites. Also, some of them will offer additional discounts during holidays or for 100% payment rather than payments. I purchased mine through www.jeepfactorywarranty.com/ram...
  9. S

Factory Spray in liner

I have the factory spray-in liner and have had Line-X liners in three former pickups. Unless they have changed, I'd say that Line-X is a better product. I also had a Toyota factory spray-in liner in my 2018 Tundra. It's also a better product. In my opinion, both are better quality [thicker...
  10. S

2021 Bighorn Factory Order - Options Difference?

You are certainly justified in CANCELLING the order. I would! They basically ordered what they wanted, so let them sell the thing to someone else. Sorry that you were put through this. Now, do you order from another dealer or WAIT until the supply chain has been restored? Or you could see...
  11. S

Auto-Folding mirrors?

I don't want power auto-fold as I must fold them before entering my garage and NOT un-fold them until after departing the garage. If I don't, the right side mirror will hit the door frame.
  12. S

Flame Red-- black or bronze wheels?

Brewbud - I think you made a good decision going with the black wheels. To me, the bronze would look good with black, maroon/dark red, rv dark brown, or dark blue... but not the flame red.
  13. S

Towing enclosed trailer with 6.4

I tow a 30 ft. x 11 ft. x 8.5 ft. travel trailer with loaded weight of 7,200 lbs. at elevations from 1,000 to 6,000 ft. The 6.4L/8-speed does a good job for me. Average towing mpg is 10.5 over just about 2,000-miles. I try to keep my tow speed at 65-mph on the interstate. I rarely use cruise...
  14. S

Extang solid fold 2.0 cover

Started leaking after the sun damage caused it to begin warping. Got about six years out of it before that happened.
  15. S

Extang solid fold 2.0 cover

Had one for six years, but the AZ sun finally got the best of it. Before that it performed well without leaks. Changed to a BakFlip MX4 due to its UV resistance.