Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RSA964993

1. RSA964993

Throttle lag

Mine is a 21 2500 Cummins. Maybe there are differences on newer models and the DRWs.
  2. RSA964993

Throttle lag

I’d highly recommend the tune. I had the exact same problem and ended up with Calibrated Power. Emission intact shift on the fly tunes. Night and day on every aspect of my truck. Throttle response is just the beginning. There are different tunes depending on what you’re doing with your truck. I...
  3. RSA964993

Kick down 2021 2500 Cummins

I thought that was a low gear thing so didn’t even consider it. Appreciate that information. I believe only my ECU is tuned. I don’t have one specific to the transmission. I thought the tune I have addressed both engine and transmission. Not sure though.
  4. RSA964993

Mine actually is tuned (Calibrated Power) and switched between tunes when this was happening. It didn’t make a difference so I concluded it wasn’t anything to do with the tune. I was in light tow mode and put it in neutral and then selected hit heavy tow. How did you manually make it select...
  5. RSA964993

Thanks for your response. Good to know it is a thing and hasn’t happened again. I was contemplating pulling off and doing a restart but had no idea if I was going to get stranded. It came back almost like it was exiting a limp mode setting. It kicked down much slower than it normally would...
  6. RSA964993

I was 3 hours into my drive today, towing my enclosed trailer (6000ish lbs between trailer and car in trailer), when this happened. Traffic on I85 from Atlanta to Charlotte became a bit congested, so I slowed down to 65MPH and then highway turned into a gradual incline. Traffic cleared, and I...
  7. RSA964993

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

I left mine in light tow mode after I dropped my trailer recently. I like how quick it is off the line. Otherwise I have it in optimal street tune. I have yet to put it in Max race or whatever it’s called. Slow elephants are horrible at stopping and turning, fast elephants are much worse at this.
  8. RSA964993

I haven’t chimed in for a bit but wanted to say for those who haven’t done the tune, it’s so worth it. I tow occasionally and the SOTF makes it so easy to change the tune to one of the towing options and when done, right back to the awesome modified street tune. All of the annoying things that...
  9. RSA964993

FYI- Shift on the fly just came out on the Calibrated Tunes and I just upgraded. Someone had asked earlier about if it was offered and now it is. I should have it soon.
  10. RSA964993

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

I put mine through the rubber grommet where the hood latch cable goes through. It was easy to slide through there and then push back the grommet back in place once it went through. I also wanted to follow up on my AlphaOBD challenges from last night as I’ve never utilized any of that software...
  11. RSA964993

After what seems like months of working on this I finally got to this part. I have the kaodtech bypass, the OBDlink MX and an Android phone with the AlfaOBD software and to my surprise everything connected and I selected my truck (Ram 2500) and got started. I never saw anything on the menu...
  12. RSA964993

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

My dilemma is I have the Night Edition and I like the look of the outlined white letters (OWL) on the tire as opposed to the black wall. It’s kind of old school and not many trucks have that. I’d love to replace these tires but I have yet to find a better tire (or any) that have the OWL. I’m...
  13. RSA964993

Thanks for responding. I edited my original message because I figured it out. I was trying to move the top part of the purple tab but then realized I had to shift the entire part over and that meant sliding a tiny flat head screw all the way in along the tab and shoving it to the left.
  14. RSA964993

For those that are adding the 4 pins that Jimmy supplies for the CanBus part I can offer some tips. In order to access the connector you have to unbolt most of the driver wheel well and move it out of the way. The harness connectors are there and it’s much easier to slide the harness off of a...
  15. RSA964993

Appreciate the response on the AlfaOBD question. Sounds good, I’ll go ahead and get that. Thanks!