Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RiverRunner16

1. RiverRunner16

Lets see what you are towing!

Horizon Transport ?
  2. RiverRunner16

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Went on a 300 mile round trip with outfit in avatar (truck camper and boat/atv trailer) used to gross about 15,000 with my 06 2wd dually, so I assume thats still pretty close. Lie-0-Meter showed 9 mpg..haven't hand checked yet....very satisfied with 6.4 as far as power.
  3. RiverRunner16

How does it handle that camper ? just wondering as it looks like it should be on a dually ?..or maybe the angle just makes the camper look bigger.
  4. RiverRunner16

5. RiverRunner16

Sitting in the driver's seat.

Nice Truck....OEM running boards ?
  6. RiverRunner16

MDS

After about 2000 miles on my truck I don't notice the MDS like I did at first...still trying to get used to the gear shift dial tho....old habits are how break I guess.
  7. RiverRunner16

Ditching the stock Transforce HTs...recommendations?

I got $400.00 for the Transforce tires...The Falkens were right at a $1000.00 so cost me $600.00
  8. RiverRunner16

Ditching the stock Transforce HTs...recommendations?

Actually drove over the Blue Mountains in Oregon about 3 weeks ago in a blinding snow storm...road was snow covered of course and the Falken's did great. They closed the Freeway right after we got thru (which happens alot in the winter).
  9. RiverRunner16

Towing with new 6.4L

Pulled our horse trailer today, pulled it great, transmission seemed to know exactly what to do. Not far enough to get any MPG calculations (computer went from 9 to 20). Had to lower the goose neck about 2" to make trailer sit level...we pull it with a 97 F250 sometimes. The chain hookups that...
  10. RiverRunner16

First time pulling our horse trailer, did great for a gas motor after coming from an 06 5.9. The 8 speed really helps I'm sure.
  11. RiverRunner16

Towing with new 6.4L

Bob_ag...thank you for the report.
  12. RiverRunner16

I will be looking forward to your MPG towing...My 06 5.9 did about 13 MPG when towing our 30' 5er or 3 horse gooseneck loaded. My work truck does about 10.5 MPG (2016 6.7 12' utility box, weighs in at about 14,000 lbs)
  13. RiverRunner16

New Owner Needs Fiver Advice

Rlange, How did the truck pull the trailer ?
  14. RiverRunner16

Well, not towing it yet, but will be towing/hauling my fun stuff soon.