Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RiverRunner

1. RiverRunner

CDT Audio Alpine Speaker Replacement

I'm really jealous of the hearing acuity you guys have. The stereo in my '24 limited is by far the best I've ever had. Too bad I had to wait until I was 68-years old to have it. I say go for it and make your system the best sound for "You!" Fun project.
  2. RiverRunner

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Took my first trip with the toyhauler a couple of weeks ago with the '24 CTD. I'm coming off an '08 CTD and the difference was night and day. I love that '08, but more power, better brakes and better turbo brake - plus the stereo - made me smile the whole trip!
  3. RiverRunner

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

I honestly do feel fortunate, but I've worked at it too. I went in religiously for ECM Flashes when the truck was new. Didn't idle it excessively, used the idle control on the speed control when I could. It's not a daily driver, these days usually hooked up to a 11,500+ toyhauler or on a 50 +...
  4. RiverRunner

No, I wouldn't have bought such an ill engineered bike in the first place....... My 2008 HO Megacab has never had one emission related problem. Never left me on the side of the road. Kind of the way you drive it and maintain it.
  5. RiverRunner

OLEJOE: I don't know, is it safe to say all trucks that do make black smoke clouds, post 2007.5, are deleated or partially deleated/modified? Stock trucks don't blow out big clouds of smoke.
  6. RiverRunner

As a motorcycle rider who, along with my wife, has been engulfed multiple times in a cloud of "rollin' coal" by some deleted jerk - karma shall provide a solution. My bike now has a great forward and rear camera capable of accurately capturing plate numbers.
  7. RiverRunner

Water leak

I'm going through this with my 2008 right now. If leaking through the grab handles, I think your front drains for the sunroof are plugged. There are little nipples below the front door hinges. You should try to open up the nipple with a bent rod of some sort. When you open up the drain...
  8. RiverRunner

Software Updates

My last truck was a 2008 Laramie CTD Mega Cab. Fantastically reliable truck. Anyway, whenever I brought it in to the dealer for oil changes, etc I'd get the service manager to bring me up to the current emissions software. I never in 140K+ miles had an emissions problem, de-rate or full DPF...
  9. RiverRunner

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I'd love to know how you got the EGT's to populate that screen with the DPF % of use. I'd like to watch the hot gasses cook the particulate junk out of the DPF while going up a big, long hill and see what a guy can do to boost cleaning performance. Do the Temp gauges show graduations for what is...
  10. RiverRunner

Canopy blocks rear view mirror camera.

Thank you CortexM0. This corroborates the use of the wired rear trailer camera plug in the bed. I have the truck camera options to go with your Option 1 above. The camera part number you reference, is that a Ram part? I'm wondering if an OEM 3rd brake light with camera assembly like I have...
  11. RiverRunner

Getting a New Truck? - Remember a Longer Hitch Pin?

So you have a new Ram with a 2 1/2" receiver - have you got a longer hitch pin to span the bigger receiver? My old pin for a 2" receiver wouldn't work - too short. Luckily I had ordered a new pin so I could tow my toyhauler without going to the store! I don't know how long Ram HD trucks have...
  12. RiverRunner

John, Do you know if the wired trailer camera is the same type as the cargo camera used for the rear view mirror. I have a jack for a trailer camera in the box (and on the rear bumper). I also received a box with the camera for the rear of the trailer and cabling in the back seat when I bought...
  13. RiverRunner

I knew the canopy would block the rear view mirror camera, but we need the canopy. Reading here, I see that an alternative camera can be plugged into the trailer rear view camera port in the box that can then show up in the rear view mirror. I've searched for someone's post laying out a...
  14. RiverRunner

Buzzer when towing & in reverse

Went to hook up the toyhauler with new MY24 Ram and when the trailer is close or hitched the proximity buzzer goes nuts! How do I turn the buzzer off when towing? Thanks.
  15. RiverRunner

Looking to access say 20 albums on Limited Stereo system.

H3LZSN1P3R - Found the browse options while in the truck this PM. Wow, the browser allows a guy to go to the exact place in a long list of artists or albums to find what you are listening to. I'm very glad this worked, as the sound quality off the USB is better than blue tooth off the phone...