Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RickH

1. R

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Thanks Phil!, Any special instructions for the 12inch screen? My service manager has an email that states FCA has no intention of retrofitting the earlier models.
  2. R

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Fantastic, there is hope! Has anyone performed this update to a 2019 3500 with the 12 inch screen? If so what other tips are there to be aware of?
  3. R

Can't find the trailer TPMS

When I order my Tu=ruck on April 3rd, there was an option. The dealer input this into the ordering system. When the truck arrived in June it seemed complete by the pricing, the options did not show up but the cost for the Limited option and the Towing technology option ( for the TTPMS and and...
  4. R

Well the lies from RAM continue. It seem to me that it really is time for those of us that "ORDERED" the options from the Ram website that included the trailer camera and trailer tire pressure monitoring system and have been told it is coming but have not received it or the truth that it is not...
  5. R

Anyone have the 2019-2020 trailer camera yet?

Have you are haas anyone installed this kit and connected a camera? My dealer said that the camera will not work while driving, so I would not be able to see what is coming up behind me. This would be very disappointing since my aftermarket trailer camera does stay on and I can see who is...
  6. R

I purchase the tire sensors and had them installed. Then every attempt was made to establish the connection from the sensors to the truck. The service manager investigated this and discovered that the 2 components for the trailer tire pressure monitoring system "DO NOT EXIST" He checked my truck...
  7. R

The service manager showed me where the trailer set up is located. He said the sensor should be in in 2 weeks, seems like a long time but I have to wait until I get my trailer back. Once I have the sensors installed on the trailer all I need to do is have them flash the computer to tell it that...
  8. R

I have not filed a formal complaint yet with my State AG, still hoping the dealership comes through, but they have not been very helpful so I tried a manager at a different dealer where we have purchased before. He was extremely helpful after I ate crow for not buying from them. Anyway here is...
  9. R

Blue chalk inspection marks

I have them too, even on the tires where the valve stems are located. My best guess on fasteners is that the torque requirement on the fastener has been inspected and confirmed. On my tires I think is is just an alignment position to the stem with the balancing system used.
  10. R

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

spell check, ugh windshield infront of the sensor
  11. R

I had a similar problem with a car, turned out that the windshield infant of the sensor had to be cleaned, I had smashed bug residue infant of the sensor and it sensed the blockage. This may not be the cause in your case but give it a try and see if it fixes it.
  12. R

12.1+ multiple cameras

It would be great to know how to get this view. I went back to the dealer and they could not show me how this works, especially in light of the fake trailer camera option that never gets delivered even when ordered.
  13. R

I agree on the "Good Luck" part but have to apply pressure somewhere, even giving info to the dealer from the forum on the build codes for the TTPMS that is on my truck, they do not care, they got there money. I knew that I would have to purchase the sem=nsors and a new camera for my trailer...
  14. R

We have been driving out since July 12th. Have to say 1000 lb/ft of torque is for fantastic towing. Drove through Canadian Rockys and never downshifted towing 11,000 lb trailer with the standard 3:73 rear gears. fuel economy is not as good as the trade-in Ram but it is worth it. Biggest issue as...
  15. R

Anyone have the 2019-2020 trailer camera yet?

Thanks Phil, seems my dealership does not know about this yet. Is there a camera that comes with it or is this just wiring for the truck? Is there a camera available? I also noticed that the new "Build Your Ram" lists cameras (plural). I have been looking at a systems that has cameras on the...
Back