Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by rfullen280

1. R

Can you upgrade to uconnect 5?

That would definitely cause you problems. I suspect what the visual processor is looking for is for change in the visual field, and not seeing change when it knows the dimensions of the field causes it to error out.
  2. R

Sorry that is text to speech. You want lots of visible things. Stripes lines, trees, etc. So make sure you go into Alpha OBD, connect to your body control, module, change its model year to be at least 2022. Then disconnect from the body control module and connect to the cVPM. On the status...
  3. R

I have surround view working fine in my truck. They did not have the right part number for this CVP on their website website. If you look through some of these threads calibrating, your cameras is a one camera at a time process that you also have to clear the error codes, each time disconnect...
  4. R

UC 4 to UC 5 12" Available, - but does it work?

Ah yes, the intermediate "spoofs the car into thinking it's connected, lag having random disconnecting Amazon box of trash". I've seen that.
  5. R

Surround Camera Install on a 2019 2500 Laramie

You will never get that one to clear but it's the ones for the calibration that have to be cleared
  6. R

Surround Camera Install on a 2019 2500 Laramie

Only do one camera at a time, and then go back through and clear any error codes on the CPM disconnect and reconnect in the software and then calibrate the next camera
  7. R

Nothing specific. I just realized I'm not going to replace my truck until it's falling apart...they cost too much, and I doubt any new features are going to be worth $100 grand to me in the future. 8 speed trans? Sure...but my 6 is fine. So I made this truck my truck... I have an aluminum...
  8. R

I did it - probably be easier to just buy your own parts, and get cables/adapters from Jimmy07. I was sent the wrong screen (for a 1500) twice. There are 4 screen part numbers/combinations and even when given the exact part number, their shipping got it wrong (so I sourced the screen seperate...
  9. R

Yep, that's the part number for the 23-24 Rams. I ordered one for the 22. Can't remember why.. but that's what I did. They also sent me the screen for the 1500's TWICE, (which loses functionality for ESC if put into a HD) so I sent them back, and bought the screen elsewhere. So really the...
  10. R

DO NOT buy that module for a HD Ram. That is for 2023-24. Buy this one - 56029965ac (and maybe that one from Info would work, but this one is what I used, and I know for sure it DOES work). After you get it installed, you have to program the BCM to believe it's a 2022... couple quick steps...
  11. R

UC4 to 5 Upgrade - Lost 360 Surround

That should do it - What I found worked the best - Clear CVPM codes from Status page, then do one of the side cameras, "disconnect, then reconnect to the Radio-CVPM" clear code, other side camera.. then same dance to Front, then rear...
  12. R

I’ll add a picture of the setting - but it’s under BCM - Car Configuration Change - then choose the 2022 model year, and then go clear codes on the CVPM and calibrate…
  13. R

Just read through it again - so you should have: A 2022 UC5 Radio and Screen (requires nothing specific in ALFa) A 2022 CVPM - This requires you to reconfigure your BCM‘s MODEL Year in AlfaOBD to match It. That’s why you’re getting a mismatch code.
  14. R

Okay - so you added what year of components? Did you set your BCM to match the year of the Uconnect and CVPM? @Jimmy07 may have more detail