Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Redcold

1. R

Towing with new 6.4L

Thanks! That's what I finally figured out after hauling the TT in a bunch of different configurations and over a least some flat land. It's funny how much things can change in a few weeks. The whole reason for the TT was to haul the dogs with me. Now I am without dogs, and about to put the TT...
  2. R

Towing with new 6.4L

It will make the trip from Alaska to America two or four times a year. Trips to camp half a dozen times once in America. Not weekend-type trips, out for two or three weeks, remote areas.
  3. R

Towing with new 6.4L

As far as specs, mine is a custom build based on the Heritage XL. 22 ft house, 4 ft front deck. Here's a video of mine..https://youtu.be/kpdSIqAWnxw
  4. R

Towing with new 6.4L

Might be cheaper to buy the diesel than custom build one of those. Although I'm sure it would make a difference!
  5. R

Towing with new 6.4L

The WRC is great, but it is heavy. I have a customized Heritage XL. The GVWR is 14,000. Dry is 9300. I spent years looking for something I thought would survive my roads without constant rebuilds. So I will take it essy and give the truck a chance to catch up. Come spring I can always drive the...
  6. R

Towing with new 6.4L

Thanks, all. I guess I'm going to have to learn a new virtue...patience! The trailer weight is absolutely empty and dry, no water, no propane no stuff. I'm thinking 10500 or thereabouts when loaded, so no help there. WRC aren't aerodynamic, especially with a deck on front, but they are built...
  7. R

Towing with new 6.4L

I should add that I am OCD about tires, so both the truck and TT are right. I didn't think about the trailer brake setting...I will look at that when I visit the truck next month.
  8. R

Towing with new 6.4L

Just over 3k miles on the truck. Driving from Lake Charles LA to Utah via TX NM got 14 mpg in the hills and 16 mpg on the flat, mostly freeway running with traffic, empty. She seems really happy and efficient at about 1800-2000 rpm. Managed 11 mpg pulling up the Waterpocket Fold on I-70 at 65...
  9. R

Towing with new 6.4L

I just have to ask, what I am I doing wrong? I have a "22 2500 Limited 6.4 3.73. Picked up the new TT, a WRC sheep camp, 9300lb 31 ft. Coming across western Utah from Mt Pleasant to Grantsville, mainly on UT 6 and UT 36. Hilly but no real grades. Averaged about 5 mpg at 55-60 mph. Used...
  10. R

Greetings and Salutations

New member here. I have a long history with Dodge/Ram trucks, more years than I care to acknowledge. I am in the market for a new 2500. I have found the perfect retirement trailer, and it's just to heavy for the 1500. I've been lurking on this site, and have seen some good information that I...