Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RandomHero

1. R

streaming on the 12" screen - has anyone done it?

Carlinkit sells on both Amazon and AliExpress and has worked great for me. Functions well with the vertical screen.
  2. R

Dash Cam install

I did a quick and dirty dash cam install - realized I need a few more bits to really clean it up but figured I’d post my “how to” as I did it in case it hasn’t been said before. I used a VIOFO A119 V3 camera and a VIFO HK3 wiring kit from a prime day sale. 1. Disconnect battery negative...
  3. R

Mud Flaps

I was attempting the exact same technique but because the generic rubber flaps I bought are so thick they make a large bulge when going over the uneven area near the bottom of the wheel well near the fender flare. I’m thinking that the OEM flaps must have a cut out or are cut down deeper than...
  4. R

Mud Flaps

Yeah I did some poking around under there yesterday and came to the same conclusion. Gonna pop out the stock screws and see if I’ll need longer ones once the flaps are on since these new ones are quite thick. I’ll post up pics if it doesn’t end up looking absolutely terrible.
  5. R

Mud Flaps

Hey all, Picked up some universal heavy rubber mud flaps since the mopar ones are out of stock with no sign of coming in any time soon. The gator backs here in Canada are $214 per pair which is frankly outrageous. Got 4 heavy rubber flaps (about 25lbs for all 4) and was curious what you guys...
  6. R

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I found a thread on this forum from back in 2020 with lots of people complaining about it - didn’t ever see a resolution. I’ll reach out to the dealer and see if they have the service bulletin handy. Thanks @brv10
  7. R

Pulled the trigger on this build (6/6/22). What's your guess on arrival date?

Ordered mine April 12th. Delivered to dealer July 5th. I won the level 3 power wagon lottery. Canadian order btw
  8. R

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ordered April 12 2022, went KZX on July 5th. Picked her up on Saturday!! So far very happy! There is an slight squeak on start up under the truck though that almost sounds like an exhaust leak - but I need to get under there to confirm. Can barely hear it under acceleration though cause the cab...
  9. R

Omg I didn’t see this till now - how on earth did the truck land they didn’t tell me!!! I’m back from work tomorrow night. Picking up the truck on Saturday!!!
  10. R

Canadian order here, finally got a VIN and dealer says it’s “close”. VIN is 3C6TR5EJ9NG342767 and I ordered April 12 2022. @OfficerDirtySanchez you can finally add me to the list for tracking purposes. Ram power wagon level 3 no sunroof or safety group. Can anyone tell me how I can check this...
  11. R

streaming on the 12" screen - has anyone done it?

My truck hasn’t been delivered yet but I’m looking into ways to repurpose a raspberry pi to do all this for me.
  12. R

My only issue is that as a Canadian order I am not issued a VIN - only a VON until the truck is basically shipped. So was just curious if having the connect app email showed me that I was maybe built and waiting for a train
  13. R

I know there was talk about a month ago about tracking a truck with the Ram Connect app that we determined not to be possible cause it requires the truck to set up - but is there any significance to getting an email from ram connect about setting up my apps? Does that indicate that my head unit...
  14. R

Technically that’s unknown. If your dealer sent in the order then it will eventually be built. Until you reach D status though the timeline is completely random. A night edition package on any lineup could take anywhere from 2-6 months due to supply constraints. The night edition was listed as a...
  15. R

Power Wagon floor shifter order

Thkbaron is right. If you select the premium bucket seats or console with your level 1 it will automatically add the electronic transfer case. The shifter will be manual otherwise. I feel it’s unlikely Ram would opt to try and produce all trucks with more electronics during an ongoing chip...