Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by popeye2002

1. popeye2002

AMP Xtreme running boards - drop distance?

I also have issues with the two motor version hitting the air tank when retracted! contacted amp research and they sent out the incorrect tank relocation kit. I ended up using a small dremel grinder to created slots in the tank mounting brackets instead of holes and was able to get just enough...
  2. popeye2002

SOLD** Brand New Take-offs OEM Running Boards

My mistake is your gain, I somehow ordered these but I wanted the Electric ones. All removed mounting brackets and hardware is included. $500 OBO prefer local sale, If out of state shipping is desired, I can get packing and shipping estimate based on zip code.
  3. popeye2002

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Thank you, we have yet to make it to a MOC rally. Always looking !
  4. popeye2002

AMP Xtreme running boards - drop distance?

I have the AMP Research Extreme on my 2023 ram 3500 Longhorn... here is a picture
  5. popeye2002

Finally completed both the Trailer Tow Camera and 360 Trailer Surround Camera installs. I could never have done it without the good folks on this forum. Thanks to all who have contributed.
  6. popeye2002

Will the Homelink buttons work with Pace Edwards Electric Tonneau?

Not yet, it was sporadic. Programmed 2 for open and 3 for close but it never worked out. I haven't gotten back to it, was hoping someone smarter than me would offer up a solution.
  7. popeye2002

Recent Window tint work? some ugly stories about moisture issues from all the soapy water they use.
  8. popeye2002

Tailgate gap filler?

FYI, Install of the Gapshield was very easy and looks very solid. I would like to have had a little more of the 3m adhesive promoter stuff as my bed has the Mopar spray in bed liner. We will see how well is holds up but for now I'm impressed with how rugged and solid it seems to be.
  9. popeye2002

Genuine Mopar- Trailer Surround Camera Kit

Hello my Friend, I just got the module that my truck needs to make it work. not installed yet but I have two cameras installed in my trailer. hope to get the module installed this week and run a test. Still a work in progress, I already drank my 3 Modelo... hope you enjoyed yours ;) Hope all...
  10. popeye2002

5th wheel towing 3500 SRW

I'm not here to debate your comment, I'm going to politely agree to disagree. I worked in Quality Assurance for many years and it's hard for me to go against what the manufacturer publishes on the truck. I don't always agree with the documents but for me -- I go with what it says. don't...
  11. popeye2002

2023 Ram 2500 Split Screen Tow Mode camera

Not cheap but I'm sooo glad I ordered the tow cam with my rig. Love it. Do your homework here, mine came with my truck but this looks just like what I got.
  12. popeye2002

5th wheel towing 3500 SRW

Just replaced my 2008 RAM 3500 SRW because I was 1,000# over cargo limit hitched up to my 2010 35' Montana 5th wheel (Gross 14k#) Pulled just fine but I'm not going to knowingly run that much over what the door sticker says was my max payload. I think my max was 10,000 on my 2008 and my actual...
  13. popeye2002

New running boards.

If you happen to live near me, I'd be happy to make you a deal you can't refuse on a set of new Take-offs standard mopar boards with all the hardware. I just installed the new AMP Research Extremes on my 2023 Ram 3500 and will be looking to pass along this like new set. after I get more...
  14. popeye2002

I had a similar struggle with AMP Research fitment but not the running boards. The side bedstep2 for dually is listed as only fitting 19-22 on the website and even when I called that was the reply I got. Then I called and asked for tech support and found out they have issues with what the...
  15. popeye2002

Will the Homelink buttons work with Pace Edwards Electric Tonneau?

I thought I saw a post about how to program the homelink buttons to work just like the Remote that comes with the Pace Edwards Ultragroove Electric Tonneau Cover. Now that I am ready to program mine, I can't find anything. I had some random luck with programming the homelink but nothing worked...