Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Patriot Motor Sports USA

1. Patriot Motor Sports USA

IS THERE... A Difference in front Spring Rates for Different DRW Trim Levels??

I found this while looking up coil springs for Snow Plow options. Looks like the options I need without raising the front end too much. I can pull the FOX shocks off and revalve them with a heavier shock oil to increase the dampening with the stiffer front springs. Thoughts...
  2. Patriot Motor Sports USA

If I can find a truck with that option package, and it's VIN, I can order those springs and test them. I am looking for something with a bit more height & travel to combat the brutal New York and Jersey roads while towing a heavy load. The Springs on my Limited MegaCab seem to have drooped...
  3. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Soft Brakes - weak brakes - sponge brakes 2021 3500 - merged threads

Did you ever find a set of aftermarket pads? I have been looking for a set to change out my 2021 MC DRW 3500 and so far only the dealer can get them. I too hate the soft pedal and will bleed the system with higher performance Motul fluid sooner than later.
  4. Patriot Motor Sports USA

I am looking to see if there is a difference in the spring free height or coil size on the 2020+ Ram 3500 DRW trucks depending upon if it is a MegaCab Limited like mine... or a Long Bed with possibly a lower trim level like a Commercial optioned Base or Longhorn? Does anyone on the East Coast...
  5. Patriot Motor Sports USA

2021 Aisin beginning to FAIL at 55,000 miles! ** HOT 150HP TUNE **

I sure miss it... the triple Verado 350s were tuned to a 400+hp which would push this 38' Donzi to 77mph across any water you dared! With a fuel capacity of over 400 gallons, I could run from Miami to the Bahamas and back without buying dirty fuel in the tropics!
  6. Patriot Motor Sports USA

For six years I was leasing trucks and never worried about the majority of the maintenance, tires or residual value due to miles. I just treated each truck as if it were my own and tricked them out since they were all long-term contracts. I never had issues with the 68RFE and the situation...
  7. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Disabled the Hill Assist feature and drove 40 miles in & out of tow/haul without a load, driving was much better with zero flare between shifts. I used the 150hp setting because it offers the best MPGs by a large margin. As I said, throttle response and tip-in for cruise is much improved...
  8. Patriot Motor Sports USA

My tune has been SPOT ON. No issues with the engine, much better fuel economy and coming from a background of tuning cars for 30+ years, I have to say, it is seamless for driveability without any ability to tune the transmission. After spending a year with this truck, I would happily welcome a...
  9. Patriot Motor Sports USA

According to their website, it is specified for the Aisin transmission and I will call them to see if there is any gain or difference than the Toyota fluid Mobil1 offers.
  10. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Well whatever it is... I have never liked this Aisin transmission. From the first day it would make the "Squeak" noise when shifting into 4th gear, so I have always "babied" my shifts by lifting my foot to anticipate the shift and let it hit easy. Never "Hot-Rodded" the truck, ever... as this...
  11. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Quite possibly right but I have to say the money spent on this truck for the Aisin isn't worth it if it's going to fail with just a 150hp tune towing less than 15k on the hwy with 4.10 gears. My 2017 Laramie 2500 went 420k miles on the original 68RFE and a stage 3 BullyDog tune with zero issues...
  12. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Yup, I wanna say it isn't so, but just this past week while hauling a fairly light boat of 8500#, my Aisin trans in my 2021 Ram 3500 MC DRW Limited is flaring hard on 3rd gear shifts and again on 4th gear shifts. Has anyone else had this issue on a <100Kmile truck? I am going to add a deeper...
  13. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Banks ran horn

I am NOT stating the head or anything has to be ported to make the ram work.... I am stating exactly as Gale did that BOOST is a reference of a restriction in airflow across the head. The measurement that people always look towards is "how much boost you can make" or "how much CFM/airflow can...
  14. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Banks ran horn

Some of you need to watch Gale Banks' video in slow motion. For one, he debunks all the other shops talking about VELOCITY of the air because in turbocharging, you need to focus on the MASS of the air, not the velocity. He is talking about how when you are driving, it is the MASS of the air...
  15. Patriot Motor Sports USA

Air Lift 7500XL Air Bags on Max Tow or 6.7HO

I had only minor issues with the brackets lining up but they did if you left the fasteners loose to begin and once the angle braces were opened up one step, everything went together without any further issues. See the video below for a detailed installation.