Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Ostracize

1. Ostracize

2022 2500 Ram ticking

Although this is technically correct... oil circulation through an engine or any machinery requiring lubricant to be forced into tolerance areas (bearing surfaces) or especially when using the oils hydraulic capability to empart mechanical force (hydraulic lifters)... The lubrication "system"...
  2. Ostracize

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

.... Also the "lifetime filter" which personally made me stare at my screen like a dog listens to a high pitch whistle lol.
  3. Ostracize

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Maybe I'm wrong in my understanding of how transmission companies market their capacity/capabilities... But I would think that the 1050 lb/ft torque rating is related to the 57k GCWR. Meaning the grabbing force of the cluches if charted out across the weight range would show that the 1050 tq...
  4. Ostracize

6.7 Fuel Milage

^^ basically exactly the same as he said for mine... 21 limited 3500 HO SRW
  5. Ostracize

Radio sometimes won’t turn off after shutting off truck

I don't have an answer but try opening the door before killing the engine ignition... Just to see it there's any difference in behavior. My guess would be bcm related or just door sensor.
  6. Ostracize

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

That's "active regen" ie. it's adding more fuel to force higher EGTs to burn off soot.
  7. Ostracize

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

... Mine for example.. Never excessive idled, never pushed hard prior to warmed, fluids religiously, 5-40 valvo only oem filters...etc. Cam and lifters replaced, tick returned after ~250mi. Now starting process of new engine. Tech believes casting is allowing excessive lifter rotation causing...
  8. Ostracize

Welp... The light tick at idle when warm is back (not Def injection). This is how mine started before it got more pronounced/consistent with more time. Dealer is tracking and I have an appointment to have them verify next week. We'll see how it goes from here...
  9. Ostracize

My fault I misread your post. How are the jesels holding up? How many miles since you swapped? Anything of note that you've seen/felt/heard with your setup?
  10. Ostracize

I think everybody understands that. The only point made about supply chain is that if the differences we're seeing iteratively in these roller lifters are from the different supply chain aspects then that could make sense but, these lifters aren't used in any other applications so then the...
  11. Ostracize

I'd slightly disagree... And agree. The staying straight in the bore is an issue some have seen, another separate issue is not staying pumped up to close lash at idle oil pressure. My opinion is based on the design changes to the lifters that have been noted. I will concede that these changes...
  12. Ostracize

Completely hyperbolic... But I find it interesting that only the consumer engines adopted rollers. ISB commercial engines did not. Why? NVH and stellantis's choice to attempt deal with it. If rollers were needed for any other reason we'd see them in more cummins offerings. I personally think...
  13. Ostracize

Yeah after warranty it's solids for me as well
  14. Ostracize

Cam & lifters replaced. Tick is gone. The mildly concerning part is that there is no obvious smoking gun on the old components... So time will tell if it stays gone. Everything else that was able to be inspected looked really good, so Yay for that.
  15. Ostracize

Thank you for doing this sir. Form submitted for mine. It's in the shop right now so I'll update once the repair is complete and I get it back.