Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by OLEJOE

1. OLEJOE

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

I think the Amsoil filter is now being made by Champ Labs who also makes Royal Purple and the media for the Fram Endurance filters.
  2. OLEJOE

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

I use the LF 16035 FleetGuard filter on my truck but I do have an LF 3972 (same as MO-285) that I keep with me while traveling. I know several people who have used the Quicky Lube oil and filters for the life of their trucks and all of them have over 300k on them. I realize the 19+ trucks are...
  3. OLEJOE

2019+ Frequent Regeneration Issue Tracking Sheet

Maybe you could take some pics of it inside and out before and after they change it out? I’ve thought all along that something was off about the air box/intake system on the newer trucks.
  4. OLEJOE

Fuel filters backordered

I understand. I’m retired so my time is worth nothing. Just ask my kids.
  5. OLEJOE

Fuel filters backordered

I don’t have anything done that Im capable of doing myself. I understand some folks don’t have the tools or a place to do things like that but I have less money than I do time.
  6. OLEJOE

It would be very interesting to see what the difference is between the two.
  7. OLEJOE

I guess they possibly could have changed the sensors out as well. It would be interesting to see if there was any difference between the two air boxes or some of the ducting.
  8. OLEJOE

I changed the factory air filter out in mine at 6000 miles and have not had a regen that wasn’t on the 24 hour schedule. The factory air filter was discolored in places that made it look like it had been saturated with oil.
  9. OLEJOE

I think 2% is what the Mobil Synergy fuel is. I know in La any biodiesel 5% or more has to be posted on the pump. I drove up to one Murphys and it had a sticker saying between B15&B20. I drove off. It seems like it doesn’t matter if towing regularly. I drove about 300 miles running here and...
  10. OLEJOE

Had another regen before we got home. 1173 miles and 24 hours since the last one. DPF gauge never moved off of zero. Regened 162 miles before we got home. This truck does not like biodiesel over 5%. The Valero fuel I got in Canyon, Texas was almost clear compared to the yellow Murphys diesel I...
  11. OLEJOE

Doing a little traveling, I stopped in Alamogordo, NM and fueled at a Murphys. Didn’t notice the biodiesel sticker until I got through fueling. Between B5 & B10. The prior fuel was the Mobil fuel and the DPF gauge never got off of zero. Drove to Amarillo still on zero but about a hundred miles...
  12. OLEJOE

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Probably a lot easier on them and better for your truck.
  13. OLEJOE

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

We didn’t either until it happened. I don’t know but heard the level sensor uses some kind of sonar to detect the DEF level and needs a certain amount of air space at the top to work correctly.
  14. OLEJOE

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

I try not to put any in mine until it gets down to 1/4 tank on the gauge. 2.5 gallons added to the 1/4 brings it up to 3/4. Ive read where some have had trouble by over filling the DEF tank especially in freezing weather. I’ve personally seen a DEF tank split from being full and freezing. Not on...
  15. OLEJOE

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Wife and I are 68 and I don’t think you would want to see that.