Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by nlbarber

1. N

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

I have the S&B 52 gallon tank. This is my experience after about 10-15 fills: The OEM fuel gauge calibration is not linear with this tank. The top 10 gallons of the tank are above the float so until those gallons are depleted, the tank continues to read full and the distance to empty is...
  2. N

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Didn't even think about that. Thanks for the input, I feel a lot more confident about the tank capacity now.
  3. N

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Thank you for your response. Is the pump inlet lower than the float bottom?
  4. N

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Question for you: For my 52 gallon S&B tank, the fuel gauge and DTE will indicate I am empty when I still have at least 8 gallons remaining in the tank (measured at fill up). As the fuel float at empty is at the bottom of the sending unit, I don't know if the sending unit can suck up those last...
  5. N

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

I believe the reason it takes so long for the fuel gauge to start dropping is due to the tank geometry and the location of the float. For the S&B tank (52 gallons) I recently installed, there are about 5 gallons of capacity ABOVE the top of the float. Therefore, fuel level for the gauge will...
  6. N

50 Gallon Tank TSB - 14-002-20

That's what I'll do! Thank you for the quick response, very much appreciated.
  7. N

50 Gallon Tank TSB - 14-002-20

I recently installed the S&B 52 gallon tank and am using the 31 gallon sending unit. I input the tank size (197 liters) in AlphaOBD yesterday. I then filled up to the credit card max at the gas station, tank gauge was beyond full (max) and DTE was ~580. I went to a station around the corner...