Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Nifty07

1. N

Frequent Active Regen fix

My 2019 did the same thing. Dealer did a manual regen but it kept doing a burn every day. Eventually I emptied the DEF fluid, refilled and cleaned the DEF injector. I was surprised at all the white crystals almost blocking the injector. Sprayed the injector with water and it cleaned up...
  2. N

Dc to dc charging tie into 3500 battery/alternator

I fitted lithium in tub and ran 2 gauge (35mm) from Uber the bonnet to the dc2dc charger. Using 200amp circuit breaker on positive battery. Neg cable connected to neg post of battery. The dc2dc is fitted in tub next to battery. It has 70amp breaker on input, output and 40amp on solar input...
  3. N

Aux Switches

My truck did not have the cabling to the PDC. I ended up running a length of trailer cabling (7 core) because thats what I had. Soldered (splice joint) this to the plug at the back of the switch assembly on the cable side and ran this through the firewall. you could wire this to the small PDC...
  4. N

Typical DEF Usage

DPF blocked after country run towing. Dealer said bad DEF and plugged in their computer to force a burn. Did not clear so they forced another burn using new DPF fitted option. Drained DEF and refilled, tested and seems ok. Drove another 2000 miles and DPF blocked again. Engine light on and...
  5. N

8” Drop on the Ram 2500 for a 20.5’ ball

this Is the setup on the Ram 2500. Gen-Y and EazyHytch Hitch.
  6. N

How to drain the DEF tank?

DEF is a source of ammonia NH3, injected post DPF where it is heated in the catalytic converter to convert nitrogen oxide NOx to water H2O vapour and nitrogen N2. It also has CO2 component. This is what they call SCR technology. The EGR is also part of the SCR technology and these all work to...
  7. N

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

query for the brains trust. I have the same wheels fitted to the trailer and the truck. I was hoping to be able to interchange the wheels. Can the sensor (68516743AA) be used for the truck as well as the trailer or is it only able to be used for the trailer.
  8. N

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

I picked up some genuine rims/tyres but the TMPS were removed. I am looking to replace the spare with the alloy rim and fit a TMPS sensor. Can anyone confirm if the sensors on the 2500 are the same as those listed on the first post ”The kit for the TPMS sensors (4) for trailer wheels is...
  9. N

Typical DEF Usage

DEF reflashed. Travelled 1025 miles (not towing) and used 4 gallons def (246 mpg). Used 57 gallons of diesel (17.9 mpg). Thats a heap more than the quoted 3%.
  10. N

Dash camera

Sorry, above probably wrong thread. Yesterday Advanced ICE fitted their mapping which includes street and off road mapping. This also came with a trailer reversing camera option. As my Ram did not have the trailer reversing camera fitted I ticked that option. I ran the supplied cable from...
  11. N

Dash camera

Mine did not have the cabling from the aux switch wired through to the PDC. I ran a seven core trailer cable, spliced into the truck side of the Aux Switch assembly plug (XY125) and ran this to a number of automobile relays under the bonnet. I found I needed to run battery to the relay...
  12. N

Sway when towing TT

Sway (yaw) has many interesting aspects and not all are apparent. Most think it’s ball weight which is not entirely true. The most common cause is weight behind the centre of the wheels and could be solved by moving weight closer to the wheels or adjustment of tyre pressure. My van is 9k...
  13. N

Typical DEF Usage

I am using 1 gallon per 438 miles. This is averaged over the last 3000miles. The dealer said they would flash the ecu. It was fine until it had its first service. I was towing a 9k trailer most of the time. Seems way over the top and it’s had the recalls.
  14. N

Uconnect 4c fail Android auto security checks

Dealer upgraded the firmware and all fixed
  15. N

Aux Switch wiring location

The Upfitter cabling was not included in my 2500 and the PDC had vacant slots (no cables). Fitted the 6 AUX switch assembly, spliced into each AUX sense wire at the back of the Aux Switch Bank Upper D2321A where the wires exist the connector going to XY125A. The splice was six inches away from...