Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by n6454g

1. N

No compression in number 5 cylinder 6.7 cumins

I’m not the only one I guess but I was also told the only the dealer techs know about doing it and supposedly not know to general public or owners. Not sure how true it is since the last guys comments about guys who only know how to put fuel in the truck. Hahaha
  2. N

No offense taken. I guess I’m one of those guys but will be more informed now. The shop is putting a new grid heater system on so it doesn’t happen again. I did get off easy since they only have to replace piston and rod. They said the head and block were still in good shape. I had always taken...
  3. N

Yes, that’s exactly what it is. Thank you! I couldn’t remember what they said it was. Well I’m hoping that is all it’s going to be. I know when you have big toys you have big bills but I wasn’t ready at 125,000 miles to have to spend 29k on a new engine like the dealer wanted to do plus the...
  4. N

Well got the truck to another shop and they took a look. They stated there is a common problem with the Cummins where they mounted a system to side of the block and if the bolts come loose they break off into the block. They said there is a tech bulletin for the maintenance guys to check when we...
  5. N

No. It was sold off. I wish though
  6. N

Even doing that would you think it would cost less than buying a new engine or more? I know it’s hard to tell but…..
  7. N

Ok I was correct in my though
  8. N

T True but they won’t know anything until it’s apart correct?
  9. N

Yeah. I’m trying to get hold of some diesel places today and see if they will take a look. What is a rod? Is it what holds the piston on the crank shaft?
  10. N

So dealer called today with the actual estimate..29k. Ask them about rebuild and he states that his senior master diesel tech said the knock was in the bottom of the block and that in is opinion it would 1. Cost more to rebuild if they even tried and 2. With it being in the bottom of the block...
  11. N

yeah that’s what they are saying. Unfortunately I’m ignorant to these things. I’m not a mechanic and know some basic stuff but I surly can’t work on engines. That is my down fall now in this situation. That’s why I’m reaching out to people who may know better then me
  12. N

Can anyone explain this one also? With all the friggin sensors on these trucks, why didn’t I even get a check engine light on after it happened? No codes not lights…NOTHING? Why?
  13. N

Yeah. One of the reasons for the expense is they said to replace the motor they would have to pull the cab off. I’m located in Belfast maine area
  14. N

They quoted be almost 30k. New engine 25k roughly than labor. Engine would have the 100k warranty on it
  15. N

True. I know there isn’t a hole in the block or anything because I don’t have any fluid leaks at all