Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by MtnRider

1. MtnRider

RAM’s warranty process has destroyed my desire for the brand.

You are contradicting yourself so we need to know the real story... You are saying you have seen multiple dealers multiple times but then saying they are refusing you "service" (define service). Has a dealer looked at it and tried to diagnose the issue- Yes or No If yes, did they find a...
  2. MtnRider

Ram 2022 frequent regeneration, lemon law

What has the dealer said about it? What have they replaced so far? Lemon Laws have stipulations (varies by state) that need to be met before you can file. Things like number of attempts at fixing the issue, number of days in the shop etc. .
  3. MtnRider

BFG HD Terrain Tires on 2020 RAM 2500

A 305/70-18 is a 35, not a 33. (It comes out to a ~12.2 wide by 34.8 tall)
  4. MtnRider

No apple carplay in 2017 2500

Yes you can replace it with a 2018 model and everything works. There is a great write up on exactly what you need to do it but don't think I can link to the other ram forum they are on so you will have to search.
  5. MtnRider

P0402 and p0234 codes after Banks CAI

Good luck with that Lol, they just want to sell product. Everyone that has contacted them about this issue has been blown off. OP, go back to you stock intake, there is no benefit to adding the banks CAI. Your stock is a CAI and flows more then enough air (this has been dyno proven) .
  6. MtnRider

Close to home. Baltimore key bridge collapse

Crazy, it took out that entire bridge. Seems like there was plenty of room for that ship to pass in the middle, wonder why they were so close to the supports. Mechanical problem? drunk crew? I'm sure we will find out soon enough. .
  7. MtnRider

Power Wagon Tonneau Cover

Like mentioned, every fold back, roll back, flip back etc type cover is going to leak some. I've had several and they all leak a little. I think the only way to get a true waterproof cover is one that is a solid raise up design? .
  8. MtnRider

RAM 5500 radio/UConnect fuse location?

I doubt he will reply, he had 1 post 2 years ago and hasn't been seen since..... With that said, there is a radio fuse in the wire harness on the passneger side firewall. It's up at the top of the fire wall inside the engine bay. .
  9. MtnRider

How does RAM know what my current mileage is?

Yep, they have been doing it for years. My 2016 did it as well. Welcome to the information age..... .
  10. MtnRider

From 68RFE to Alllison

I would reach out to ATS and ask them, if that is their requirement, they must have recommendations on who can do it? I honestly don't know anyone who has done the conversion, pretty much everyone I have seen who has looked into it came to the conclusion it was better/cheaper to build an...
  11. MtnRider

Grinding/Groaning when pulling onto driveway or going over speed bumps - Coil Isolator

What do your radius arm adjusters look like? I'd bet the one on the drivers side is way out of adjustment. .
  12. MtnRider

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

Scroll down to the bottom .... https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/2023-clean-air-act-vehicle-and-engine-enforcement-case-resolutions .
  13. MtnRider

Why Ram?

Cost, I could get more truck for less money. Ford and GM were significantly more expensive and were not budging on price. Now they are all pretty evenly priced so who knows what my next truck will be? I like my Ram but at the end of the day they are all about equal and I have no brand loyalty...
  14. MtnRider

Led bulb comparison video

They picked the absolute worst bulb type to compare their $200+ LED bulb to. Those 4 sided bulbs don't work in reflector headlights (and they know that) They should have picked a more comparable "Amazon" bulb to do the test. You would see there isn't much difference between a $50 Amazon bulb...
  15. MtnRider

Lemon Law?

Probably going to be a uphill battle to lemon law a truck for that. While a frustration that you can't fill it at full flow it's not exactly sidelining the truck. You'll need to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer on this one .