Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by MrDad36

1. M

No crank no start

How hard was replacing it? Any crazy extensions / swivel knuckles needed? I can’t find any videos on a 2019 2500 starter swap. I’m not sure what years it’s comparable to. I think they changed a lot from 2009-2018 styles?
  2. M

No crank no start

That’s still a thing? Thanks
  3. M

No crank no start

Hi everyone, seeing if someone can educate me here. I have a 2019 2500 6.4 bighorn. Now, I also have a new battery. Long story short, I very randomly get a no crank no start, sometimes 2,3, and even 4 times in a row before the truck finally turns over and starts. There’s about a 10 second pause...
  4. M

Parasitic draw / control module issue?

That’s a god thought. It’s going to be pretty tough for me to do by myself, I’m pretty sure the negative cable slides down pretty far on the post. So long as I can get a meter lead on the very bottom of the negative post to be able to slip the cable off, this would be a good check to accomplish...
  5. M

I’ll check the fuses tomorrow just to be able to say I did. What ground connections would I be checking? The connections on the main lug? And the main lug connection itself? No, I can’t say I checked they were tight, but didn’t appear to be loose. I have not inspected wiring for signals of...
  6. M

Slow moving process here everyone. Still can’t find an issue causing the battery to die. It wouldn’t start for me today, took 4 try’s for it to even decide to turn the engine over, to which it started. I verified a 3 amp draw that dies down to about 300 milliamps within a minute. I found a...
  7. M

Thanks for the input. I’ve noticed the lack of quality with anything Ram. I don’t think that even a better quality battery would hold you long term with this intermittent draw, at least not in my off season when I only drive the truck a few times a week, which wouldn’t let the battery get...
  8. M

I’ll try that tomorrow. FYI, the other day, with the fob on me, the truck woke up three times in a row about 2-5 minutes apart. Tonight, it only woke up once… same procedure. I’ll give some feedback with what it does tomorrow with the fob in the house.
  9. M

You are correct, I can do that to find the parasitic draw. I got hung up trying to see what the milliamp draw overall was before doing that though. I thought I had the problem with the bottom glove box light, but now I’m realizing the light would shut off once the truck goes to sleep, so that...
  10. M

I’m ready to find a nice cliff to roll this thing off of
  11. M

At this point, I’m getting some major inconsistencies with the dash waking up. I don’t think I have a problem device drawing too much amps, I believe I have a problem module waking up the dash, or a problem switch telling the module to wake up the dash. I don’t know if I’ll be able to find it...
  12. M

Correct, I can not keep the meter connected in series with the battery u til it sleeps because it starts out with too much current for the milliamp setting on my current meter. Once I get a better meter, I can do this.
  13. M

I thought you meant something that hooks up to a laptop that records a current through the night. I was driving and mis read DVOM.
  14. M

I have one similar to that, The problem is when I disconnect the negative from the battery to wire this in series, as soon as I connect it, the truck goes through its wake up process, the other problem that I have is trying to switch from the 10 amp reading lead connection to the milliamp lead...
  15. M

I only have one and it’s not a diesel. I’m starting to wonder if this has nothing to do with the battery connected wrong during the jump? Perhaps it’s coincidental that my bottom glovebox got stuck ajar not closing the switch keeping the light on, and sometimes, the top glove box light gets...