Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Motoman501

1. Motoman501

Thuren front leveling coils and payload/towing capacity

I would have to agree. I liked how the front felt with the new coils and the Thuren shocks so I probably should have worked on the rear. On things like speed bumps the front soaked up the bump and the rear was much more harsh.
  2. Motoman501

I almost immediately put the airbags on so it's possible they helped with the unbalanced feeling. I thought about Sumos but the truck has to squat to engage them so if you are leveled the rear will be squatting when they are working. Just for info I was using the Thuren shocks on the front...
  3. Motoman501

On my 2015 Cummins I added Thuren 2" coils which were way softer feeling than stock. When I hooked up my 8000lb travel trailer it squatted very noticeably and it drove me crazy so I added airbags which fixed it. In all honesty with the Thurens on the front and stock rear it felt a little...
  4. Motoman501

2500 6.4 8spd towing a 3k-4k sxs/boat Mpg

My 2019 6.4 with 3.73's gets around 9-10 mpg towing a 10ft trailer with a Kawasaki Teryx 4 on it. This was towing Reno to Arizona and towing at 75 mph didn't help. Doesn't take much for the mileage to tank but it tows well.
  5. Motoman501

Considering going from gas to diesel truck

I sold my 2015 2500 CTD and bought a 2019 2500 with the 6.4....As a daily driver I like the Hemi a lot more. It's much more responsive and the 8 speed transmission is fantastic. Towing my 8000lb travel trailer it does a good job but it took a while to get used to the higher reving engine and...
  6. Motoman501

Very Poor fuel economy 2019 6.4

Last month I towed a 10ft utility trailer with a Kawasaki Teryx4 and bed full of hunting supplies from Reno to Arizona. It was windy most of the trip but I only averaged about 8-9 mpg at 70-75 mph. It seems with even a relatively light load the mileage drops a lot. I could have driven slower...
  7. Motoman501

It actually towed well. There were a few hills that although relatively short, were pretty steep. The truck shifted down to fourth gear and ran as high as about 3900 rpms but held speed the whole way up. My previous truck was a 2015 Cummins which made this same trip without any wind at around...
  8. Motoman501

On Sunday I towed my 32ft 8000lb travel trailer home from a camping trip. At 5000ft with rolling hills and into a decent headwind, I averaged around 6.5mpg with the speedo at 60mph.
  9. Motoman501

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

Anyone have any luck figuring out what this noise is? I haven't had a chance to get my truck to the dealer but from my research I don't have high hopes. I crawled under the truck at start up again and the noise is definitely coming from the exhaust area and not the engine bay.
  10. Motoman501

Lets see what you are towing!

11. Motoman501

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

I have the squeaking noise at start up. From what I've read across several forums there isn't a fix yet and most dealers report it is normal. It drives me crazy though, especially when someone asks me what's wrong with your truck? My rear slider wasn't closing correctly and makes a clicking...
  12. Motoman501

AlfaOBD

Over the weekend I tried to get global windows down to work but wasn't successful.
  13. Motoman501

AlfaOBD

I did need the bypass cable. On another forum I found instructions on how to turn the warnings off without needing the trucks pin number. My dash still shows current pressures but no warning lights or reminders to fill up.
  14. Motoman501

AlfaOBD

It worked on my 2019 to turn off the low tire warning after I lowered the air pressure in the tires. I didn't try anything else though.
  15. Motoman501

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

From reading other forums it appears most dealers either change belts or water pumps which does nothing to fix the problem, or they state it is normal for the truck to make that noise. Several owners have had the service guys start up new 6.4's on the lot and almost all of them make the same...