Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by McHenry2500

1. M

Are there more 6.4's on the road now?

I have noticed more 6.4's in Central Texas the last few years. When I bought mine in mid 2020 it seemed like the CTD was the favorite, now it's kinda even. I'd guess it's folks who don't tow regularly and don't drive it a ton, but still wanna be able to tow the boat/camper/trailer on the weekends.
  2. M

Hunting thread

Was hoping for some deer meat this weekend but this showed up to the feeders instead. Sat and waited for the 7am feeder to go off then ate all of it! Even had the audacity to scare off a decent 8 point that showed up too!
  3. M

Picking up a new toy tomorrow.

I'm jealous of that backhoe attachment. Wish my Kubota had that!
  4. M

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Are those LJ's? On one tons???
  5. M

Your gun is poop

How has the 5.7 Rock been? I've never had a PSA product before but have been eyeing a few uppers and a Dagger.
  6. M

Ahhh the struggle...

These are getting to be more common in my area. 4 years ago I think I saw 1 or 2. Now I have 3 just in my town with the DEF pumps.
  7. M

Terrible Towing pics thread

Ehhhh, it's a Honda. No problem!
  8. M

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I've had my original black "front tow hooks" sitting on a shelf for a few years now waiting for someone to make some actual hooks to replace them with. Your pictures may have just convinced me to paint them red and re-install. Looks good!
  9. M

Your gun is poop

Let us know how the PSA hold up long term please. I've had my eye out for a PSA Dagger for a while now. Just don't know anyone who's had one long term to give me an honest opinion. For the 5.7, what cal can are you running?
  10. M

Ahhh the struggle...

Someone showed me a trick when I first got my truck. For those style jugs, poke a hole in the bottom as it's flowing into the tank. Helps it flow easier and avoids having to squeeze it to get the DEF out.
  11. M

Your gun is poop

Is that the larger loop from Rossi? how difficult was the install? Benn looking at swapping my lever for the larger one and wondering if it's something I can do myself.
  12. M

2 3/4" to 2" hitch adapter included on 2023 trucks?

My poverty edition tradesman '19 came with it. Just asked a buddy and his '23 Big Horn did not. Different dealers, both in central Texas. Might be a situation where some dealers throw 'em in for free and some don't?
  13. M

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

LOOOOOOOONG awaited update, but now over a year later I'm finally scheduled to drop off my 2019 in about a week to have the CP4 conversion recall done. According to the service dept guys, the 2019's were pretty low on the priority list for FCA and dealerships. Estimated time without my truck is...
  14. M

Your gun is poop

I've noticed fewer optics on pistols at IDPA/USPCA matches this year than in the last few years. I think the novelty is kinda wearing off on folks and alot of people are going back to traditional sights. I upgraded my competition pistol to fiber-optic sights and I think it's a better upgrade...
  15. M

Lets see what you are towing!

May just be the camera angle, but it looks like the back axle of the international is at the back bumper of the truck? Either way, very cool vintage "overland" type truck!